• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

It was available at the aac media days but the electronic copy usually isn’t out until end of camp or so.  

Hopefully, South Florida across the chest is part of re-branding and not a surprise. 

I think I saw a few pages of it on Twitter and South Florida was all over it with no mention of USF.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

..and I don't think anyone has seriously suggested we add the University of across our jerseys.  

Agree 100%, any idea of when this will be published?  

Nope I think the only thing being suggested is to not tell people specifically not to call you that if that’s what you choose to put on your jersey. My name David. I hate to be called Dave, sometimes when I meet people they say Dave, I tell them it’s David. If I was wearing a name tag where it said Dave people would think i am a confused idiot and not take my request seriously, and I would be an idiot not to understand that.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Symbols are not words and typically you can’t call people by them but I will play along does Auburn specifically ask people not to call them AU? I honestly don’t see how it can’t not be a thing that it would be dumb to say don’t call us South Florida while wearing something that in bold gold letters across your chest says the same thing you wish not to be branded. I don’t actually have a preference between Usf and south Florida or the university of south Florida for that matter as long as we pick one and update the media guide to something that reflects that consistency. Don’t call me South Florida while wearing specifically that is dumb and confusing, if you asked any random person on the street this question you would get that answer.

Here you go. Auburn University's style guide says to use the full title Auburn University in academic material rather than the informal. Yet I accessed this on their .edu website, which I assume is academic and this is the FIRST reference on the entire website.

685142685_ScreenShot2018-07-27at12_40_12PM.png.bdc49dc43a2eb46e0919b856032bd75e.png

"the Auburn University name must be used in full on first reference, and can be shortened to Auburn on second reference; the use of the university name is preferred in academic material, rather than the informal AU initials"

http://www.ocm.auburn.edu/styleguide/styleguide.pdf

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Would you care to wager on that hope?

No.  😨

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Here you go. Auburn University's style guide says to use the full title Auburn University in academic material rather than the informal. Yet I accessed this on their .edu website, which I assume is academic.

685142685_ScreenShot2018-07-27at12_40_12PM.png.bdc49dc43a2eb46e0919b856032bd75e.png

"the Auburn University name must be used in full on first reference, and can be shortened to Auburn on second reference; the use of the university name is preferred in academic material, rather than the informal AU initials"

Lol - you are really doubling down here.  So you really feel that as a university we should clearly tell folks not to call us South Florida and then print South Florida across our jerseys?  A simple “yeah, we should change the media guide to reflect that.” Is all that you would have to say.

Edited by ArmyBull

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Here you go. Auburn University's style guide says to use the full title Auburn University in academic material rather than the informal. Yet I accessed this on their .edu website, which I assume is academic.

So nothing from the media guys that says don’t call us AU? Just that in referencing them for academia say the name of the university which you think is contradicted by their picture of their symbol accompanying the spelled out name of the university? Yep you are right it makes perfect sense if we say don’t call us South Florida while at the same time wear it across our chest, I’m sure no one would struggle with that. You could say fun sentences like” the Usf team wearing the south Florida jerseys but please don’t call them that.”

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

No.  😨

I want to be wrong so bad, I just feel I’ve seen this movie before and it always ends badly for us.

Just now, ArmyBull said:

Lol - you are really doubling down here.  So you really feel that as a university we should clearly tell folks not to call us Souther Florida and then print South Florida across our jerseys?  A simple “yeah, we should change the media guide to reflect that.” Is all that you would have to say.

It would never have occurred to me to go looking for a rule we're breaking at our school or someone else's. Having attended the school, worked at the school, and having a wife that still works there, I was fully aware of the preference for using the full name for identification purposes and not initials. Sure, it's in the media guide what we'd like, but I'm not offended that we're inconsistent (and now I know Auburn is, too) and I'm 100% ok with it saying South Florida on the jersey.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

It would never have occurred to me to go looking for a rule we're breaking at our school or someone else's. Having attended the school, worked at the school, and having a wife that still works there, I was fully aware of the preference for using the full name for identification purposes and not initials. Sure, it's in the media guide what we'd like, but I'm not offended that we're inconsistent (and now I know Auburn is, too) and I'm 100% ok with it saying South Florida on the jersey.

So if you were running the show, you would leave the media guide as is, asking people to refrain from calling us South Florida?  

9 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

So if you were running the show, you would leave the media guide as is, asking people to refrain from calling us South Florida?  

I'd probably leave it in at this point out of spite and laugh when it gets brought up. "Yes, I do realize we as a university would prefer people to use our full name, but that's not exactly possible for a jersey. The key is that the entire name becomes second nature and not always just initials. We should be proud of who we are and strive to get our full name out there whenever possible. And yes, we are a university, so the media should be emphasizing that fact even though we can't always do the same due to logistics. You know, my dad once told me when I was a kid, 'Do as I say, not as I do.' and I understood what he meant."

Edited by JTrue