• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It would never have occurred to me to go looking for a rule we're breaking at our school or someone else's. Having attended the school, worked at the school, and having a wife that still works there, I was fully aware of the preference for using the full name for identification purposes and not initials. Sure, it's in the media guide what we'd like, but I'm not offended that we're inconsistent (and now I know Auburn is, too) and I'm 100% ok with it saying South Florida on the jersey.

Even if that’s what your investigation uncovered, it’s not, your argument would be we should remain confusing and inconsistent because AU does it too? It’s not like anyone is saying the fix is to change the name on the jersey it’s simply moving South Florida form the forbidden column and putting it in the second use column. Why would anyone have a problem with people calling us South Florida but not have a problem with it being on our jersey?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Even if that’s what your investigation uncovered, it’s not, your argument would be we should remain confusing and inconsistent because AU does it too? It’s not like anyone is saying the fix is to change the name on the jersey it’s simply moving South Florida form the forbidden column and putting it in the second use column. Why would anyone have a problem with people calling us South Florida but not have a problem with it being on our jersey?

It's 100% not going to be changed in this media guide, so everyone should prepare for pointing fingers and poking fun.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'd probably leave it in at this point out of spite and laugh when it gets brought up. "Yes, I do realize we as a university would prefer people to use our full name, but that's not exactly possible for a jersey. The key is that the entire name becomes second nature and not always just initials. We should be proud of who we are and strive to get our full name out there whenever possible. And yes, we are a university, so the media should be emphasizing that fact even though we can't always do the same due to logistics. You know, my dad once told me when I was a kid, 'Do as I say, not as I do.' and I understood what he meant."

Carry one JTrue, carry on. 

Can we discuss the need for an OCS now? :)

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'd probably leave it in at this point out of spite and laugh when it gets brought up. "Yes, I do realize we as a university would prefer people to use our full name, but that's not exactly possible for a jersey. The key is that the entire name becomes second nature and not always just initials. We should be proud of who we are and strive to get our full name out there whenever possible. And yes, we are a university, so the media should be emphasizing that fact even though we can't always do the same due to logistics. You know, my dad once told me when I was a kid, 'Do as I say, not as I do.' and I understood what he meant."

So the people that should care don’t have too because of the logistics but those that have no reason to care at all should even if it’s too much to say over and over again in a broadcast because parents can be hypocritical since they are in a power position against their children?

So the people that should care don’t have too because of the logistics but those that have no reason to care at all should even if it’s too much to say over and over again in a broadcast because parents can be hypocritical since they are in a power position against their children?

Who are the people who should care about our uniforms saying South Florida? Is it the players or the university?

6 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Carry one JTrue, carry on. 

Can we discuss the need for an OCS now? :)

Not unless you're prepared to make your presentation with a map of the campus with a full sized stadium photoshopped onto it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Who are the people who should care about our uniforms saying South Florida? Is it the players or the university?

The university should care that it is consistent in its branding or it should stop wasting any money on branding and let it be a free for all. If you tell people don’t call me South Florida you shouldn’t brand yourself South Florida and if you are fine with South Florida you shouldn’t tell people not to call you it. 

• Upvote 3

The university should care that it is consistent in its branding or it should stop wasting any money on branding and let it be a free for all. If you tell people don’t call me South Florida you shouldn’t brand yourself South Florida and if you are fine with South Florida you shouldn’t tell people not to call you it. 

If you had to ballpark it, how much money do you think we've wasted so far with this University of South Florida/South Florida contradiction?

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

If you had to ballpark it, how much money do you think we've wasted so far with this University of South Florida/South Florida contradiction?

Including my time trying to explain it to you? Even if it’s a dollar it’s still a waste but I’m guessing since the rebrand, color changes and logo change we have spent well over $20 million actual dollars on how we have branded ourselves not including the infomercials of branding that is every sporting event, clothes people wear and other reasons we get to brand ourselves for free. When you yourself can’t get your brand message straight you are wasting any dollar you spend as others are deciding for you what it is you are but can’t figure out.

Including my time trying to explain it to you? Even if it’s a dollar it’s still a waste but I’m guessing since the rebrand, color changes and logo change we have spent well over $20 million actual dollars on how we have branded ourselves not including the infomercials of branding that is every sporting event, clothes people wear and other reasons we get to brand ourselves for free. When you yourself can’t get your brand message straight you are wasting any dollar you spend as others are deciding for you what it is you are but can’t figure out.

So all that work we've done and $20 million spent, you think it's all been flushed down the drain with these new jerseys?