• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More shakeup in the front office

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

I guess I am not sure what more people want from marketing. Billboards, newspapers, radio, facebook and twitter. Besides free tickets, which they did I believe for first responders, what else can be done? You can lead a horse to water.......

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I guess I am not sure what more people want from marketing. Billboards, newspapers, radio, facebook and twitter. Besides free tickets, which they did I believe for first responders, what else can be done? You can lead a horse to water.......

This is the question I was going to ask. For those that have constantly slammed the Marketing Dept, and now Adam, what criteria/metric are you basing the bashing on?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

This is the question I was going to ask. For those that have constantly slammed the Marketing Dept, and now Adam, what criteria/metric are you basing the bashing on?

Height.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Brad said:

One reason I am sad to see Adam go, is he met with me and we discussed some collaborative work between USF and The Bulls Pen.  It’s been a while since anyone at USF (pre-Harlan, Eric, Vicki, etc) wanted to utilize the platform.

He was pretty excited that we could pair up some work and assets and create a better fan expereince.  

Hopefully, someone will step uip in his shoes.

Brad. 

Adam was also very engaged with working with the fraternity community and figuring out ways to bring resolve to some of the issues that manage to be contended on an annual basis on TBP. I share in the hope that someone as understanding and engaging as Adam steps up; he was a proven ally in USF Athletics for our community while I was an undergrad. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

To Adam!

:guinness:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Dg3nryrWkAMi4uO.jpg

Hopeful with this new hire.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

For me it's the ridiculous rules that ONLY USF has for the small mom-n-pop vendor to create and sell USF merchandise. Want advertising? It's FREE! Just allow people to do it for us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

For me it's the ridiculous rules that ONLY USF has for the small mom-n-pop vendor to create and sell USF merchandise. Want advertising? It's FREE! Just allow people to do it for us.

This is an excellent point. I remember going to the Birmingham Bowl two years ago and I heard this from two vendors...one was even a major sponsor of the game.

Let me add a few more: (1) Get the students excited on game week. Are there any promotions on campus in the past few years? If not do something, if so, change them. (2) Spruce Up the social media by making it stand out. Just saying there is a game this week or restating the results from the game that was played is not enough...add something that stands out, even if it has a touch of controversy. (3) clean up the mistakes with dates, spelling, etc. we have seen with media in the past. This has not been a problem lately.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

On 7/4/2018 at 6:10 AM, E.T. said:

Dg3nryrWkAMi4uO.jpg

Hopeful with this new hire.

Don't know for sure, but my guess is this position works on the recruiting side, making recruiting materials more than marketing to get fans interested in the program. (and yes, recruiting is a type of marketing)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

On 7/4/2018 at 8:45 AM, BDYZR said:

I don't want to put a name and email out on this website, but if someone wants to make USF items for resale but won't be making the largest quantity, it is possible to get temporary licenses at a much lower cost. It isn't a 100% guaranteed done deal, but if you know someone who is in this boat, let me know via email stuben@usf.edu and I will share the contact info of a person who can assist.