• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More shakeup in the front office

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

59 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It isn't fair to take armchair quarterback knowledge of a person you have never met and call their departure an upgrade. 

Sadly, Mike , that's how boards work a lot of the time. Usually uninformed ***** and moaners have the loudest voices. Thanks for your insight into the situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Sadly, Mike , that's how boards work a lot of the time. Usually uninformed ***** and moaners have the loudest voices. Thanks for your insight into the situation.

I know, and I don't want to be on here preaching to everyone. I just remember reading an attack on me here many years ago from someone I worked hard to try to help and I wanted to call them out for it, but knew it wasn't right as an Athletics employee to get into an argument on a message board. It hurt because I knew who the person was and I thought I went above and beyond to be helpful for them. 

I'm a fan of USF, and will always be one, and I enjoy the discussions about all USF topics. I also know people are always welcome to their opinions. I just hate to see anonymous message board posters attack real people unfairly, or without knowledge to back it up. I think we should all assume the people we talk about on here read the board and assume they know who the poster is. If you wouldn't say it in those circumstances, then you shouldn't say it. To remind myself of this, I purposely chose my name as my handle. So when I post, I assume everyone knows those words come from me, and I would say them to the person directly, just as quickly as I would type them here. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

No press release to announce his departure? Color me surprised. 🙄

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Regardless if this individual played a role or not, and Mike I appreciate your comments, the athletic’s marketing has had a lot to desire over the past few years. Hopefully it will be rectified with all of the changes going on at the department.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Regardless if this individual played a role or not, and Mike I appreciate your comments, the athletic’s marketing has had a lot to desire over the past few years. Hopefully it will be rectified with all of the changes going on at the department.

We ARE a part of marketing for USF. Just think what a casual fan would think if they dropped by to find out what theBullsPen and USF athletics is all about and they run into some of the negative posts. 

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good information on here... most of the time.

Yes, I have bashed the marketing effort, so I don't get to throw stones.

Edited by BDYZR

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We ARE a part of marketing for USF. Just think what a casual fan would think if they dropped by to find out what theBullsPen and USF athletics is all about and they run into some of the negative posts. 

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good information on here... most of the time.

Yes, I have bashed the marketing effort, so I don't get to throw stones.

Fair point, but our TBP marketing is based on being a fan and as fans we are more critical than what is probably going on internally in the dept. Yes, their is junk info on here (lord knows I make a significant contribution to this) due to opinion, but this opinion is sometimes created by the actions of the university and the athletic department. To refrain from sharing this opinion is to simply give up and don’t care. Now, if the opinion is wrong and can be substantiated, then hopefully that individual can see this and retract his/her original position (as I and others have done on occasion). I just think the program, especially football, is in a battle for their lives relative to fan aptly and conference affiliation. Marketing has got to step up their game going forward in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To refrain from sharing this opinion is to simply give up and don’t care.

Pretty much agree with everything in your post except this. ↑

14 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Pretty much agree with everything in your post except this. ↑

I think my point my is directed toward the big issues confronting the athletic department. True, some people may not be comfortable in expressing themselves on a message board and still care about the program. However, relative to fan apathy, when are they going to start letting others know about their love for USF? Are they reading this board as a USF graduate yet they are wearing their FSU shirt? If fans can’t express this relative to the good and bad of the department on a message board will they show this in another way and format? Perhaps some will (for example the quiet ones sometimes write the big checks) but others will not.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I've always found our marketing left a lot to be desired.  Hopefully some new blood and ideas will change that.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

One reason I am sad to see Adam go, is he met with me and we discussed some collaborative work between USF and The Bulls Pen.  It’s been a while since anyone at USF (pre-Harlan, Eric, Vicki, etc) wanted to utilize the platform.

He was pretty excited that we could pair up some work and assets and create a better fan expereince.  

Hopefully, someone will step uip in his shoes.

Brad. 

• Upvote 2