• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

How the heck does Brett do this?  

At this point its got to be Judy or a long time admin, right?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

How the heck does Brett do this?  

As much as I despise him for his involvement/handling of the Leavitt situation, he busts his ass to cultivate sources. It takes a lot of work for  journalist to do so. When I gripe about Joey Knight being a glorified Google News Alert this is what I am talking about. If he dedicated himself to the job he would have some excellent inside sources by now and be able to provide the scoop. That would require showing up to the campus more than once every couple of weeks. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

You would think.  Not many people still here from when Brett was covering the team/area.  Barry possibly? 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I am starting to believe that Judy wanted Leavitt gone and utilized Brett as her source for leaks and misinformation in order to achieve that end. Because of their symbiosis, that relationship seems to continue on to this day. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

You would think.  Not many people still here from when Brett was covering the team/area.  Barry possibly? 

My hunch is that is a multiple people, and sometimes news gets leaked because USF wants it leaked. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Are there people that have been on the Board of Trustees since Brett's era?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

My hunch is that is a multiple people, and sometimes news gets leaked because USF wants it leaked. 

No doubt about purposeful leaks. I just don't keep tabs on who's still around since Brett's time other than Judy. 

Does anyone know?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

As much as I despise him for his involvement/handling of the Leavitt situation, he busts his ass to cultivate sources. It takes a lot of work for  journalist to do so. When I gripe about Joey Knight being a glorified Google News Alert this is what I am talking about. If he dedicated himself to the job he would have some excellent inside sources by now and be able to provide the scoop. That would require showing up to the campus more than once every couple of weeks. 

He is certainly a cut above Joey, but it is telling that he still does not have a job after being let go by ESPN...unless they gave him huge buyout. 

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

No doubt about purposeful leaks. I just don't keep tabs on who's still around since Brett's time other than Judy. 

Does anyone know?

But it doesn't have to be the long standing people. He could certainly building new relationships. 

It could also be with a very big donor, who gets news before the public. You just never know. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He is certainly a cut above Joey, but it is telling that he still does not have a job after being let go by ESPN...unless they gave him huge buyout. 

I have wondered if his exit deal with ESPN prevented him from being hired in the industry for X time, and he is reporting on his own, just to keep relevant so when the clock expires on his ESPN buyout he is ready to find work.