• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random observation on Bulls Nation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not surprised you got tossed the horns in DC. We have a sizeable, and very active, alumni chapter up there. Good buncha folks!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

was in Publix on Saturday with my Bulls shirt and hat and got a go Bulls from a shopper.  It works when we win. Keep it coming. Can't wait to hear it in Chi-Town.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Sadly, it depends on where you are. Here on the west side of Orlando, lots of gnats plates on hoopties. I understand though, we can't all drive Audis😁

license_plate_crop.png

https://www.usfalumni.org/s/861/02-alumni/index.aspx?sid=861&gid=1&pgid=427

vs.

https://www.ucf.edu/florida-license-plates/

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I'll throw out one theory, besides the obvious fact that with every year there are more alumni. When I went to USF you could almost walk off the street and into class. Now the grades and test scores required are very competitive. You almost need a 4.0. Kids coming here now have to want it rather than it being a last option. Having a football team and guys like Vinik on our side doesn't hurt either.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I was even in Washington DC recently and was wearing a USF ball cap and someone threw up the horns to me.

Was in Arizona last week, and actually had a few "Go Bulls" comments between Scottsdale and Sedona...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Lately, I’ve noticed a lot more people sporting Bulls gear around town and across the state of Florida.  I travel across a lot of the state of Florida for work and I see a lot of cars with Bulls license plates, bumper stickers etc.  Not quite on par, with UF or FSU but still well represented and definitely more than the gnats.  Even as I’m out in public at the grocery store,  the mall, concerts etc I see lots of people wearing USF gear.  I was even in Washington DC recently and was wearing a USF ball cap and someone threw up the horns to me.  I sure hope these people bother to show up in the fall.  Harlan and athletics need to fine a way to get to these people that obviously have some type of attachment to USF and get them invested in the program and attending sporting events.  Bulls fans are out there, they just may need a gentle kick in the ass

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I'll throw out one theory, besides the obvious fact that with every year there are more alumni. When I went to USF you could almost walk off the street and into class. Now the grades and test scores required are very competitive. You almost need a 4.0. Kids coming here now have to want it rather than it being a last option. Having a football team and guys like Vinik on our side doesn't hurt either.

47% Acceptance rate.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/usf-1537

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I was in Tibet a few years ago, and I discovered the Dalai Lama is a huge USF Bulls fan. He said to me “Gunga Galunga, Go Bulls!”

6078FD43-D7ED-48DB-A2C6-03D0982A3530.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

According to one source, the national rankings of Florida schools in terms of difficulty being accepted:

#91 Miami

#132  Florida Memorial University

#138  University of Florida

#139  USF - Sarasota-Manatee

#176  USF - Main Campus

#192  Ava Maria University

#194  Florida Southern

#203  UCF

#214  New College

#218  University of West Florida

#230  FSU

#241  USF - St. Pete

More...

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/hardest-to-get-in/s/florida/?type=public&type=private