• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is the USF beat writer . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I didn’t see this answered in the thread...anyone know how they tracked an exact number without tickets or turnstiles?

My 6 year old grandson counted everyone and asked Pop Pop to tweet a number to JK.  Probably as accurate as any.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

What bothers me most is that if you question anything they do, you're immediately wrong, and then every beat writer in Tampa comes to defend them.  More specifically JK.  There have been plenty of times where someone has genuinely questioned without attacking, but clearly he thinks the world is out to get him.  Not everything USF does is going to be positive, I get that, and I also get that nobody has to be a homer for USF, but it's blatantly obvious that a fairly big amount of USF's fan base has complained about what's going on or questioned him.  I reached out to another beat writer yesterday, who gave me the excuse of "there's only one writer to cover USF in tampa, and all writers will also cover the other colleges in Florida."  Fine.  Dandy.  Then I aksed, well if that's true then why doesn't Matt Baker have much to say about USF?"  I misspoke when I asked this, because he has said quite a bit, but to a point to where I don't know if I've ever read a single positive thing about the Bulls.  "Check his twitter feed and his votes in the AP poll."  Baker's votes in the AP poll have nothing to do with writing for USF, in fact, I remember a lot of people being annoyed with him either leaving us out of the top 25 or him placing many questionable teams above us.  

Sorry, I know it's a long post, and again I know that writers for the TBT owe nothing to us, but when a guy's twitter handle ends in "bulls," I expect better.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It’s a trail of conspiracy, manipulation, and plotting...the likes that have never been seen by mankind before or since...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s a trail of conspiracy, manipulation, and plotting...the likes that have never been seen by mankind before or since...

ummm....

have you looked at the white house recently???

:stirpot:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, charsibb said:

ummm....

have you looked at the white house recently???

:stirpot:

You DID just go there! Love it! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

I had totally forgotten Taggart moved to FSU until this thread reminded me. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

If I were in charge over there, I’d be trying to attract readers, any readers, to my web and paper pages.  If that meant I had to write what the consumers demand so be it.  Drop a couple of the smartass showboats over there and reset expectations for your legit reporters - across the board.  Or, just fold the whole thing, I don’t care.  I’m sure the guys running the newspaper business know what they are doing - just like GM did. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, Brad said:

just like GM did. 

Just like Skippy did. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 4/15/2018 at 4:00 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

. . . reposting all these FSU-related tweets? And don't tell me it's a Willie Taggart thing. If so, where are all the Louisiana Tech retweets?

Joey KNIGHT hates USF!