• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

CJF would not allow quitting.  He's not that guy.  The culture of WBB at USF is outstanding.  Fight until it ends.

14 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Very true, it’s always been that way.  Makes me  wonder if posters who think otherwise actually watch USF WBB.

And then there is this post from NAS

Whoop d’ doo....He’s had 18 years and still hasn’t gotten past the second round of an over bloated 64 team tourney.   How many teams that are ranked above USF has he beaten in the past 5 years.  

Geno inherited a UCONN team that had 1 winning season in ten years..what did he do in 18 years.

IMO,  UCF is going to pass the Bull by once Coach Abe has had a chance to get her own recruits in place.

If you’re tired of my posts, then WTH are you reading and replying to them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

39 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

And then there is this post from NAS

Whoop d’ doo....He’s had 18 years and still hasn’t gotten past the second round of an over bloated 64 team tourney.   How many teams that are ranked above USF has he beaten in the past 5 years.  

Geno inherited a UCONN team that had 1 winning season in ten years..what did he do in 18 years.

IMO,  UCF is going to pass the Bull by once Coach Abe has had a chance to get her own recruits in place.

If you’re tired of my posts, then WTH are you reading and replying to them.

I hate to admit it but I do think he has a point about UCF. I do think they are going to start to be a challenge to us. However he has yet to suggest a better replacement for CJF. I think 90% of the programs in the country would love CJF and the results he has.

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I hate to admit it but I do think he has a point about UCF. I do think they are going to start to be a challenge to us. However he has yet to suggest a better replacement for CJF. I think 90% of the programs in the country would love CJF and the results he has.

They are much improved with Abe as their coach. I don't necessarily see them blowing by us though.  The game at their place this year was definitely stressful.  Like any other sport we don't have any right or monopoly on beating them. They're a bigger school and have made a lot of good hires. Only been following WBB for 5 or 6 years and, other than normal fan's questioning of a coach's decisions like when to take a time out or get a player out of the lineup, I think Jose has a really great mind for the game. The time I got to be the guest coach on the bench, being able to see him at practice and in the locker room, he really impressed me. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I can assure you CJF is not going anywhere.  He's a great ambassador and steward for USF. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I can assure you CJF is not going anywhere.  He's a great ambassador and steward for USF. 

I half agree with you. He isn't getting fired, but that doesn't mean we can assume he will always stay when better offers might be out there. 

We need to provide our winning programs resources so they can retain coaching talent and recruit the best players. 

The moment we assume that a coach won't leave for a better job we do ourselves a disservice. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

He has great facilities and is well compensated.  Trust me, he and his family love USF and Tampa.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

He has great facilities and is well compensated.  Trust me, he and his family love USF and Tampa.  

When the Gator job opened up his wife told me that she wanted to stay in Tampa - not that he was offered but she like the area. I certainly hope he stays.  Can't imagine anyone better that we could sign.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ran into the cheer squad today at BWI. They were happy to see someone sporting a USF jacket. Great group of kids who do a lot for the WBB program. Enjoyed chatting with them

• Upvote 1