• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert Rumors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

There's no certainty that Q would've hit him out if the backfield! 

I kid...I kid.

I just wish people would stop pointing fingers. The reality is the scheme was good enough to win every game on our schedule. I also wish players wouldnt come out and say this. If Gilbert spoke his mind he might have something to say as well.

Hey look theres a streaking TE that no one can hit.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I can't put much stock in DJ'd comments. I could have told you he was frustrated from the beginning, No player likes their role to change when they find success doing something one way. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,542
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Some people will still continue to defend Gilbert even with the DJ comments.  They way he seems to be above reproach to some people here he must be related to Skip Holtz....Seems to be some of the same cross section of people defending him to the death too.  

38pts per game and averaged more yards per game than last year, after losing two of the program's best offense players at their position, is pretty much all the defense he should need. Were there probably points left off the board because of some red zone calls? I think so. Did that affect the outcome of this season? Don't see how. They way he's been villainized by some people here he must be related to Skip Holtz.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Triple B said:

38pts per game and averaged more yards per game than last year, after losing two of the program's best offense players at their position, is pretty much all the defense he should need. Were there probably points left off the board because of some red zone calls? I think so. Did that affect the outcome of this season? Don't see how. They way he's been villainized by some people here he must be related to Skip Holtz.

Your wasting you keystrokes.  Some on here expect to score on every drive and do it in a manner which is appealing to them.  The Houston loss, while it sucked, didn't change the season for us and there's no way (or at least there shouldn't be) that the UCF loss can be blamed on Gilbert.  The CFB Playoff Committee proved that there is no way that they are going to allow a G5 into the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some are ok with wasting a season that was set up to be the best in program history due to our OC's ego.  Yards between the 20's are cute and all but red zone and short yardage efficiency is what beats good teams.  It's also why we lost to the two best teams on our schedule.  But whatever something something about yards and not listening to the guys on the team who know more about football than all of us saying the same thing about Gilbert....

Also, this will be fun to revisit after this season.....  I know I'm known as a stubborn ***** on here but I'm also a stubborn ***** who's right a lot more than he's wrong.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Some are ok with wasting a season that was set up to be the best in program history due to our OC's ego.  Yards between the 20's are cute and all but red zone and short yardage efficiency is what beats good teams.  It's also why we lost to the two best teams on our schedule.  But whatever something something about yards and not listening to the guys on the team who know more about football than all of us saying the same thing about Gilbert....

All DJ said was that it was a different offense than last year. Nobody here is disputing that. Your wasting of a season because of our OC's ego boils down to one game. I haven't seen a critique of that game, that holds water, where Gilbert was the reason we lost. If there is one, I'm interested.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

All DJ said was that it was a different offense than last year. Nobody here is disputing that. Your wasting of a season because of our OC's ego boils down to one game. I haven't seen a critique of that game, that holds water, where Gilbert was the reason we lost. If there is one, I'm interested.

Completely turtling up and going for the FG against UCF late also we turned the ball over on downs on their end of the field due to a predictable inside run on 4th and short.   

As for Houston.  If I have to explain why running the ball 55 times ,with most of them inside where at top 15 NFL draft pick controls the LOS, while your QB is having an efficient day is a problem,  this isn't a discussion worth having.  Good coaches don't let the other team's best player beat you.   Gilbert let the best player on the other team bog our offense down.....This is basic football stuff that shouldn't need to be explained.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I haven't seen a critique of that game, that holds water, where Gilbert was the reason we lost. If there is one, I'm interested.

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Completely turtling up and going for the FG against UCF late also we turned the ball over on downs on their end of the field due to a predictable inside run on 4th and shor

Only field goal attempted was in the first quarter, on a 4th and 12, where 3 of the 4 plays on the drive were passes. How is that turtling up?

The turnover on downs was also in the first quarter .... and you're seriously griping because on a 4th and 1, we did an inside run .... seriously?

If that's your basis for blaming that loss on Gilbert, I got nothing ...

17 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

As for Houston.  If I have to explain why running the ball 55 with most of them inside where at top 15 NFL draft pick controls the LOS while your QB is having an efficient day is a problem.  This isn't a discussion worth having.  Good coaches don't let the other team's best player beat you.   Gilbert let the best player on the other team bog our offense down.....This is basic football stuff that shouldn't need to be explained.....

The Houston loss didn't keep this season from being special.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

we turned the ball over on downs on their end of the field due to a predictable inside run on 4th and short.   

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

and you're seriously griping because on a 4th and 1, we did an inside run

Conventional football coaching wisdom says, "if you can't gain a yard, you don't deserve to win"

• Upvote 1