• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert Rumors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Twitter blowing up about him leaving for LSU... apparently they are "closing in" on him...whatever the hell that means. 

I mean it is LSU the same program that fired Les Miles, brought him back and then fired him for real midway through the next season. But if these rumors are true and pan out then Christmas has come early in 2018.

If he leaves we need to bring in Weist or Reeves ASAP....or promote King ( that would protect him from getting poached by Taggart too) 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

King should get the chance to be OC. Bring in Reeves to take King’s current position 

Edited by Bull Daly
  • Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

What makes anyone think CCS would have a new OC run a different type of offense?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

What makes anyone think CCS would have a new OC run a different type of offense?

My concern as well. Gilbert could be an excellent OC, but Strong may prefer HB dives to better position the defense. New OC would have to dance to Strong's tune.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think if he stays we might see the other side of the play napkin next season. My conjecture is that he would have more trust/confidence in the new qb then he did in Q. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The last season is in the past. We have a bright season coming up, let’s see how things progress.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

500yds/38 pts per game. We can only hope whoever is oc next year does things just as wrong ...

Against who? You're looking at the result when the process was way more important to look at here, especially given our weak schedule and the talent gap between USF and its opponents this year. We do not score 38 points per game and rack up 500 yds if we play a harder schedule.   

The offense never really got into rhythm. Besides the UCF game and the second half of the Texas Tech game, where Q either went superhuman or decided to go rogue from the play calling and try to will his team to victory, the offense was downright frustrating from the start and no real adjustment was made to work towards our strengths. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2