• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon has some nerve to be mad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Editorial is hilarious. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/coach_puts_money_over_loyalty.html#incart_river_index

So what I think he is saying is if this were a math equation is:

USF to Oregon ($1.7 million a year + loyalty < $3.2 million a year)

Oregon to FSU ($4 million a year + loyalty < $5 million a year)

What I don't think he realizes is this "game" isn't about loyalty. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

58 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Editorial is hilarious. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/coach_puts_money_over_loyalty.html#incart_river_index

I think this article was mentioned on the news the other day.

breaking-news.thumb.png.33f67b4bd7bdccb3fc296d372b2da29d.png

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think if this happened after he was at UO for 3 or 4 years, FSU could have gotten him for about the same as he was making at Oregon at that point. FSU made him an offer he couldn't refuse to pry him out of there after only one year. Question we don't really KNOW the answer is to is if it was another school, would he have left now, even with that salary jump.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think if this happened after he was at UO for 3 or 4 years, FSU could have gotten him for about the same as he was making at Oregon at that point. FSU made him an offer he couldn't refuse to pry him out of there after only one year. Question we don't really KNOW the answer is to is if it was another school, would he have left now, even with that salary jump.

I don't think so. I don't think he thought FSU was coming open for a long time. Fluke that it did and he had to take the opportunity. Might not ever get a chance again. Just bad timing.

I truly think it is his dream job. Growing up he was a huge fan. His family still are fans. I think I read where his brother showed up in Nole gear last year when we played them.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I don't think so. I don't think he thought FSU was coming open for a long time. Fluke that it did and he had to take the opportunity. Might not ever get a chance again. Just bad timing.

I truly think it is his dream job. Growing up he was a huge fan. His family still are fans. I think I read where his brother showed up in Nole gear last year when we played them.

Yeah, if you told anybody that FSU would be open back in August, let alone last year, they would've laughed you out of the room.   Nobody saw this coming and this is definitely his non-coachspeak college dream job (i'm willing to bet his ultimate goal is to win a super bowl).   I mean when you grew up a fan and your family's love for FSU is so deep they wear Nole gear to a game where you're coaching against them, that says everything.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah, if you told anybody that FSU would be open back in August, let alone last year, they would've laughed you out of the room.   Nobody saw this coming and this is definitely his non-coachspeak college dream job (i'm willing to bet his ultimate goal is to win a super bowl).   I mean when you grew up a fan and your family's love for FSU is so deep they wear Nole gear to a game where you're coaching against them, that says everything.  

indeed.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

Editorial is hilarious. 

It kind of is, but only because both parties clearly determine and agree how much loyalty they want with the buy-out terms of the contract.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

Can't get mad at Taggart for leaving.  I graduated and the employer where I really wanted to work had a hiring freeze.  I went to work for a small engineering firm instead, and about 4 months later the original company called with an offer of around the same percentage increase Taggart's getting.  I felt pretty crappy telling my boss I was leaving, but the pay increase and benefits were too great to ignore.

What I didn't appreciate was hearing that Taggart contacted at least one recruit before he told his team. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

On 12/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, Triple B said:

Thinking the same thing, that the 3 situations weren't the same. We had Taggart for 4 years, WKU for 3, getting both programs back on the right track ... Oregon, just stopped the bleeding. Personally, though, I can't feel too sorry for them and it's just some more Karma being a *****. Besides taking Willie from us, first there was December 31, 2007 and then Waverly Austin.

Tags was here for 4?

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Tags was here for 4?

13, 14, 15, 16