• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Optimism for next football season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Flowers covered up a lot of warts on offense with his mobility and we lose our two best offensive linemen as well.   Even if everyone assumes that the two back ups are a "better fit" with almost no real game snaps to speak of, there will be major growing pains as the kids adjust to real game speed and being a starter.   The good news is word around the campfire has been that Cronkite was the best RB on the roster and is a beast.   I just don't know how well that translates when we lose so much inside on the OL with Ruff and Hall moving on.  I have us pegged at 7 wins next season....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

My guess is Cronkrite will be starter going into Spring, with Sands/Mack fighting for backup status.  I would think the Freshman from Chiefland will be a RS unless something dramatically goes wrong

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1. Our offense next year will be much better suited to the play calling Strong and Co are looking for
  2. Two of our toughest three games are at home (Ga Tech, UCF)
  3. Should be a pretty clear path to 4th straight bowl season

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have a DE named Trey Laing who posted 17.5 sacks, 35 tackles in which 24 were for a loss,  a DT who is is state weight lifting champion and will come onto the team and immediately be in the top 5 for strongest player,  a 220 running back who looks like he runs at least a 4.5 40yd. We have transfers coming in and some great recruits who have been waiting for their opportunity to play. I have no worries for next year. 

I like the optimism. I assume you're a Gator fan, as well. 

I just watched some tape on Cronkrite and was very impressed. How did he look at UF? I know he didn't play much.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I'm more interested to see who takes the top depth chart position for RB - Cronkrite, Sands, or E. Mack?  

Don't count out the kid from Chiefland too.

The kid from Chiefland will most likely RS. There will be a battle for second string at RB. If Mack and Sands were really that good they would have pushed for more reps this season which wasn’t the case. 

If Sands doesn’t switch positions then I would pencil I’m as second string. Mack will be delegated to special teams only like this year. Bell may also make a push for some reps as well if he learns to run inside.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

46 minutes ago, JoeB said:

My guess is Cronkrite will be starter going into Spring, with Sands/Mack fighting for backup status.  I would think the Freshman from Chiefland will be a RS unless something dramatically goes wrong

I'm not a fan of the freshman from Chiefland. He was "meh" at 2A. 100% he will be a RS. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

42 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

I like the optimism. I assume you're a Gator fan, as well. 

I just watched some tape on Cronkrite and was very impressed. How did he look at UF? I know he didn't play much.

He actually did pretty well at UF, just got injured and then really got surpassed b/c he was injured. but after a year to heal, im sure he will be a beast coming out. he can also catch pretty well. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He actually did pretty well at UF, just got injured and then really got surpassed b/c he was injured. but after a year to heal, im sure he will be a beast coming out. he can also catch pretty well. 

Good to hear. Hopefully next year is the year of transfer studs!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, ForestBull said:

Good to hear. Hopefully next year is the year of transfer studs!

We need that LB from Illinois, i think they have a DT who is a grad transfer as well. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hope one of the QBs don’t transfer out when they find out that they lost the job.