• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Go To Meme Thread for USF vs UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

I know this is a meme thread but I had a really horrible business interaction over the course of a few months with someone who was a supposed MBA from UCF. This person was nothing like what you expect from an MBA. It was incomprehensible some of this person's thinking and behavior. Truely an embarrassment to UCF. However, I know not all of their graduates are worthless. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

However, I know not all of their graduates are worthless. 

I question the validity of your last statement ;-)

I think I figured out some things about their stadium design.... it's evident now that the lack of water fountains was an anti-corrosion measure (no water no rust must have been what the engineers were thinking). As soon as everyone almost died of thirst and they installed fountains, that's when the corrosion problems began. So now we need to worry about death in a structure collapse. 

Be warned that stadium will never be safe. Next it will be toxic chemicals from the cheap paint and anti-rust measures.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Be warned that stadium will never be safe. Next it will be toxic chemicals from the cheap paint and anti-rust measures.

Chinese drywall" refers to an environmental health issue involving defective drywall manufactured in China, imported to the United States and used in construction between 2001 and 2009.
In samples of contaminated drywall, laboratory tests will detect off-gassing of volatile chemicals and sulfurous gases — including carbon disulfide, carbonyl sulfide, and hydrogen sulfide. The emissions worsen as temperature and humidity rise, will give off a sulfuric (rotten egg) odor and will cause copper surfaces to turn black and powdery, a chemical process indicative of a hydrogen sulfide reaction and an early indication of contaminated drywall. Copper pipes, electrical wiring, and air conditioner coils are affected, as well as silver jewelry.
Reported health symptoms include respiratory problems such as asthma attacks, chronic coughing and difficulty breathing, as well as chronic headaches and sinus issues.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Stomp, Stomp, Clap. Stomp, Stomp, CRAAAASHHHHHHH!

os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

What a dump. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think we should have their stadium inspected prior to the game

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Is “stadium” the correct term?

8 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Stomp, Stomp, Clap. Stomp, Stomp, CRAAAASHHHHHHH!

os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010

The photo I saw that really gave me pause was the one where all of the fasteners were gone. 

They say it is structurally sound, but have they accurately analyzed the effect of their jumping routine they do? It's scary thought that in less than a decade they have needed reinforcements and upgrades twice. First to reduce deflections from the bouncing routine and second because of corrosion.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The photo I saw that really gave me pause was the one where all of the fasteners were gone. 

They say it is structurally sound, but have they accurately analyzed the effect of their jumping routine they do? It's scary thought that in less than a decade they have needed reinforcements and upgrades twice. First to reduce deflections from the bouncing routine and second because of corrosion.

Fasteners are so overrated