• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Much better Gilbert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

attacking the edges outside the tackles with the run. attacking downfield with the pass.stretching the field horizontally with the pass and run. much better play calling. much more aggressive. even mixed in a pass to a RB. Great call on the Tice run to the outside to finish the game. I especially liked all the outside run plays.

we aren't going to hit on all the downfield throws ( Q had some bad throws as every QB will) but we will hit on one out of 4 and they will go for big plays. Great job at sticking to it by Gilbert,. He didn't give up on calling these plays when we had the bad throws or drops or miscommunication. Even if we don't hit the threat will keep the safeties from playing inside the box and will open up the inside runs.

Now keep doing this the rest of the season. keep the defenses guessing

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The receivers had their best game yet. I'll give them credit where credit is due. Some of those catches today were balls that would be dropped 95% of the time across America at this level. I was impressed with their focus.

On a different note, Charlie Strong failing to keep his foot on the gas after three quarters almost cost USF the game. Lesson learned hopefully - but I doubt it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

The receivers had their best game yet. I'll give them credit where credit is due. Some of those catches today were balls that would be dropped 95% of the time across America at this level. I was impressed with their focus.

On a different note, Charlie Strong failing to keep his foot on the gas after three quarters almost cost USF the game. Lesson learned hopefully - but I doubt it. 

Was impressed with some of the mix-up and deception plays, and happy with the aggressive plays, but a cold chill went down my spine when we started playing turtle-ball again like Skippy used to do. It nearly had the same result, came down to whether or not we kept the time running in that last drive and thankfully we did.

When you have a thoroughbred, I just don't understand why you'd pull back on the reins. You can say injury prevention and all that, but you still have your starters out there. I mean, at least keep the foot on the pedal with your second-team. Allowing your D to get gassed and then beaten is a morale-killer, I saw it on their faces. Then you tell your hi-octane offense to fall on the ball for a quarter & a half, and wonder why there's too many penalties and why we start slow the next game? Nope, I just don't get it.

Happy for the win, coach, but if you talk about putting a complete game together, let loose the hounds please!!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can't wait to watch the recording. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yeah I’ll watch the replay too. Few things to look for:

1. Where were the blocks coming from? Look like it was Dillon on the right side for FGbut I could be wrong.

2. Holding calls...especially on the edge

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I'll have to agree the Offensive play calling was good/better as the game opened up.  There were still some head scratching moments, multiple dive plays in a row, though those could have been RPO's that flowers didn't throw.  I really would like to see some intermediate stuff, like a pass to a TE (probably not happening).  Some passes to running backs and some traditional screens.  But as long as we keep winning i dont really care what gets called

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

3 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Very true!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Allowing your D to get gassed and then beaten is a morale-killer, I saw it on their faces. Then you tell your hi-octane offense to fall on the ball for a quarter & a half, and wonder why there's too many penalties and why we start slow the next game?

This big time.  When the team came over to the corner to sing the fight song last night, only QF and a couple others were even smiling.  Most of the team actually looked a bit dejected and just wanted to get in the tunnel.  Not turning up the heat and closing out the deal has a huge effect on morale/motivation going into the week's practice and the next game.  Just sayin'.

GO BULLS!