• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

On 10/15/2017 at 10:22 PM, JTrue said:

I honestly couldn't care less if they do. I'd love to see the defense keep chugging along and CJL get another shot as a head coach to close out his career. CWT is dead to me. I wouldn't shed a single tear if he gets canned in a few years and ends up at WKU again. I don't blame him one bit for chasing the money out West, but I'm not going to get upset if Oregon fires him and he has to start over again from the bottom of the coaching world. 

Spot on

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 10/16/2017 at 5:58 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

I have no issues wuth CJL. I just dont understand the contempt people have 4 Taggart.

You posted this or a similar comment on pretty much every page in this thread. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it really just comes down to not caring. I don't hate him. I don't hold him in contempt. It is really just complete apathy. CWT was here for 4 years. 2 of those were dogshit. 1 of those was average. 1 of those was excellent. I'm appreciative of the recruits he left behind and the one good year, but I'm a USF fan. I watch USF. I'm not staying up late to watch Oregon get ***** slapped by Stanford. It is absolutely not because I harbor any ill will toward CWT. I just don't care. He's not my coach. He's not USF's coach. He didn't create a culture here from nothing, a la Boise State. He didn't install a system synonymous with the program, the Triple Option at Nebraska. He was just a coach passing through. It is what it is. He gave us some good years, then left us willingly. Quit fishing for comments on your question. No one on here hates CWT. No one rational on here is angry at him. The guy took a ******** of cash to go to Oregon. We'd all have done it. Does it make us chuckle after all the things he said about USF and being home, etc.? Absolutely. But we all knew he was full of **** when he was originally saying it. It was fun because he was our guy, but that's about it. Ditto for "Bay Made" and "Do Something" and "The Bus," etc. Again, NONE OF THIS IS BITTER. NONE OF THIS IS ANGER. NONE OF THIS IS CONTEMPT. He's gone. Appreciate the good times and let it go. I can respect the effort, like him, respect him as a coach, love what he did for USF, give him his proper due, and still not give a single **** what Oregon does.

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You posted this or a similar comment on pretty much every page in this thread. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it really just comes down to not caring. I don't hate him. I don't hold him in contempt. It is really just complete apathy. CWT was here for 4 years. 2 of those were dogshit. 1 of those was average. 1 of those was excellent. I'm appreciative of the recruits he left behind and the one good year, but I'm a USF fan. I watch USF. I'm not staying up late to watch Oregon get ***** slapped by Stanford. It is absolutely not because I harbor any ill will toward CWT. I just don't care. He's not my coach. He's not USF's coach. He didn't create a culture here from nothing, a la Boise State. He didn't install a system synonymous with the program, the Triple Option at Nebraska. It is what it is. He gave us some good years, then left us willingly. Quit fishing for comments on your question. No one on here hates CWT. No one rational on here is angry at him. The guy took a ******** of cash to go to Oregon. We'd all have done it. Does it make us chuckle after all the things he said about USF and being home, etc.? Absolutely. But we all knew he was full of **** when he was originally saying it. It was fun because he was our guy, but that's about it. Ditto for "Bay Made" and "Do Something" and "The Bus," etc. Again, NONE OF THIS IS BITTER. NONE OF THIS IS ANGER. NONE OF THIS IS CONTEMPT. He's gone. Appreciate the good times and let it go. I can respect the effort, like him, respect him as a coach, love what he did for USF, give him his proper due, and still not give a single **** what Oregon does.

7925903.jpg

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You posted this or a similar comment on pretty much every page in this thread. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it really just comes down to not caring. I don't hate him. I don't hold him in contempt. It is really just complete apathy. CWT was here for 4 years. 2 of those were dogshit. 1 of those was average. 1 of those was excellent. I'm appreciative of the recruits he left behind and the one good year, but I'm a USF fan. I watch USF. I'm not staying up late to watch Oregon get ***** slapped by Stanford. It is absolutely not because I harbor any ill will toward CWT. I just don't care. He's not my coach. He's not USF's coach. He didn't create a culture here from nothing, a la Boise State. He didn't install a system synonymous with the program, the Triple Option at Nebraska. It is what it is. He gave us some good years, then left us willingly. Quit fishing for comments on your question. No one on here hates CWT. No one rational on here is angry at him. The guy took a ******** of cash to go to Oregon. We'd all have done it. Does it make us chuckle after all the things he said about USF and being home, etc.? Absolutely. But we all knew he was full of **** when he was originally saying it. It was fun because he was our guy, but that's about it. Ditto for "Bay Made" and "Do Something" and "The Bus," etc. Again, NONE OF THIS IS BITTER. NONE OF THIS IS ANGER. NONE OF THIS IS CONTEMPT. He's gone. Appreciate the good times and let it go. I can respect the effort, like him, respect him as a coach, love what he did for USF, give him his proper due, and still not give a single **** what Oregon does.

Good perspective.

For me, yes, on the rational side, he was paid a lot of money at USF (more than WKU was paying him) and he earned it when he turned the program around from when he found it (but he certainly didn't do it alone. Hell, no.). And, yes, he left it in good shape. And I don't blame him one bit for taking the money at Oregon. And I don't blame them for taking him from USF.

On me "being a diehard Bulls' Fan", all those slogans and all that stuff he said, I really dislike that I bought into some of that. He was never loyal to USF -not very much. (Leavitt, he was loyal on another level. But let's not get into that.) The first chance he had (#cash#), he thought of himself. He ran right to South Carolina to interview when the paint wasn't even dry on the rebuilding. And I wish I can hear what was said when he signed that renegotiated contract that USF offered him. All of that is business, fine. But on the way out, he started to go after USF recruits. That really pissed me off. It took me years to forgive Seth. If #cash# had cared about USF at all, he wouldn't have done that. As for Oregon, I'll always dislike them now; it's more than the Sun Bowl. We could have had a really bad coach after #cash# and the program would be a disaster now -no thanks to Oregon. So, yeah, I enjoy reading the scores when they lose.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I agree with just about everything you said.

There are two things that bothered me when he left.

He did not coach in our bowl game, which I felt was unfair to the 2016 team. 

The other was that he recruited to Oregon players who had already given a verbal to USF.

When Holtz came to USF he made a point of saying that he would not recruit to USF players who had given him a verbal while at ECU. I thought that was the honorable thing to do.

Despite being bothered by those things, I don't wish him any ill will. On the other hand,  like you, I don't care how he does at Oregon.

However, I do wish CJL all the best.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

The other was that he recruited to Oregon players who had already given a verbal to USF.

Yeah...those two things are a little classless.

(Cue person who points out "everyone" does it. Followed by guy who shows all the coaches who don't)

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

CWT gave us two horrible years, interviewed for a job after an average one and left before the bowl game of his only good year. He never had any loyalty to The Bulls. He outrecruited the other AAC teams and put enough talent on the field that we were one of the top teams in the conference when he left. I never thought he was a good game day coach. I thought he won a lot on talent alone. I am skeptical that he will have success in a place like Oregon where he can’t outrecruit everybody. But hey he got his payday. Can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

46 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You posted this or a similar comment on pretty much every page in this thread. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it really just comes down to not caring. I don't hate him. I don't hold him in contempt. It is really just complete apathy. CWT was here for 4 years. 2 of those were dogshit. 1 of those was average. 1 of those was excellent. I'm appreciative of the recruits he left behind and the one good year, but I'm a USF fan. I watch USF. I'm not staying up late to watch Oregon get ***** slapped by Stanford. It is absolutely not because I harbor any ill will toward CWT. I just don't care. He's not my coach. He's not USF's coach. He didn't create a culture here from nothing, a la Boise State. He didn't install a system synonymous with the program, the Triple Option at Nebraska. He was just a coach passing through. It is what it is. He gave us some good years, then left us willingly. Quit fishing for comments on your question. No one on here hates CWT. No one rational on here is angry at him. The guy took a ******** of cash to go to Oregon. We'd all have done it. Does it make us chuckle after all the things he said about USF and being home, etc.? Absolutely. But we all knew he was full of **** when he was originally saying it. It was fun because he was our guy, but that's about it. Ditto for "Bay Made" and "Do Something" and "The Bus," etc. Again, NONE OF THIS IS BITTER. NONE OF THIS IS ANGER. NONE OF THIS IS CONTEMPT. He's gone. Appreciate the good times and let it go. I can respect the effort, like him, respect him as a coach, love what he did for USF, give him his proper due, and still not give a single **** what Oregon does.

Agree 100%. I have no beef and appreciate he improved the program. But he left our trophy case bare. And I'm not going to idolize the guy while he works to improve Oregon.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I agree with just about everything you said.

There are two things that bothered me when he left.

When Holtz came to USF he made a point of saying that he would not recruit to USF players who had given him a verbal while at ECU. I thought that was the honorable thing to do.

Despite being bothered by those things, I don't wish him any ill will. On the other hand,  like you, I don't care how he does at Oregon.

However, I do wish CJL all the best.

Don’t know if I have ever seen a coach accept an offer to another school then coach in a bowl. I am sure it has happend but it would be the exception. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t know if I have ever seen a coach accept an offer to another school then coach in a bowl. I am sure it has happend but it would be the exception. 

If all the parties involved agreed to let him coach our bowl  game then there would not have been a problem.

I just don't know if that was even discussed.

I'll have to remember to ask Harlan about that, if I get the chance. LOL