• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USA Today: Ole Miss, Tennessee could pursue Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Guess we all knew when they hired Coach Strong it might be a one and done for USF. I won't get into my feelings about how college coaches go to the highest bidder in this day and age, to bad. In addition to those colleges mentioned your all aware that the reptiles are getting restless in Gainesville...    But, on a positive note: if you watched CCS during his Houston press conference maybe you saw how his head fit perfectly in line with the Bulls horn logo in the background?? Never know, this could be a sign of divine revelation for him??   Or, might be his head and height just align with the backdrop but hey....you gotta have Hope.   Go Bull's

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

48 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I'm hoping Strong looked at what's in the cupboard and is recruiting appropriately.  We've never been able to get a great offensive line that can pass protect, but maybe with our success, he can pull in some higher ranked linemen over the next few years to compliment what ever type of qb we have.  I'm guessing Kean will be a stop-gap until Battle can get up to speed and then we'll be back to a mobile qb system again.

Why would he look for pass blocking linemen when he wants a power running game?  I'm kidding but only a little.  He really seems to want to run the ball 65+% of the time.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Why would he look for pass blocking linemen when he wants a power running game?  I'm kidding but only a little.  He really seems to want to run the ball 65+% of the time.

You got me.  Run blocking / Pass blocking...either way, takes a better grade of offensive lineman.  Hopefully, that's who he's recruiting.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/12/2017 at 6:44 PM, NYCbull said:

Your delusional if you think there will not be a drop-off in our offensive production once flowers leaves. You remind me of the FSU fans who thought they would lose Winston and Cook and get better.  He's the best QB we've ever had.  Prepare to most likely be wrong again. Our offense will regress.  For Gods sakes were about to tie the record for consecutive 30 pt games.  So maybe I'm taking this wrong and you mean just passing but either way even if that increases our Rushing will decrease because you can't bet your butt that who ever the QB is won't be running as much.

i'm confident that our offense will actually get better. I like the receivers we have and BOTH our backups have better arms than Flowers. Mack left and our rushing yards have not decreased. Players graduate and teams move on. we are a pretty deep team now. Did you see that catch from Solmon?  Just remember this post my friend. I like Kean and have faith that he shall take us to the promise land

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

i'm confident that our offense will actually get better. I like the receivers we have and BOTH our backups have better arms than Flowers. Mack left and our rushing yards have not decreased. Players graduate and teams move on. we are a pretty deep team now. Did you see that catch from Solmon?  Just remember this post my friend. I like Kean and have faith that he shall take us to the promise land

"Better arms" is not a correct statement.  Stronger?  Possibly.  You may need to be reminded of Flowers' TD/INT ratio.  He is very, very smart with the ball.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, PingBull said:

"Better arms" is not a correct statement.  Stronger?  Possibly.  You may need to be reminded of Flowers' TD/INT ratio.  He is very, very smart with the ball.

Yea, but lets me real he is not "slangin rock a million times either. Kean runs about a 4.7 40yd and can run, but to me he is a more accurate passer. I fel our offense will simply shift to a more balanced attack rather than be so run heavy. Plus when he committed to USf, he did so early because he said that he wanted to focus on winning the state title....and you know what he backed up his claim and won a state title. I'm not worried at all.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As long as CCS is here, I expect our defense will be solid and will be able to keep us in most games, even if our offense takes a step back at first.

We will likely be in closer games and not score 30+ points nearly as often, but that is to be expected.

Hopefully, our coaches will find a way to make the most of what we have on offense and that will be sufficient to at least get us a winning record and a bowl game. Anything more than that will be  gravy.

I expect that UCF will be the odds on favorite in 2018, but at least we get them at home. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

As long as CCS is here, I expect our defense will be solid and will be able to keep us in most games, even if our offense takes a step back at first.

We will likely be in closer games and not score 30+ points nearly as often, but that is to be expected.

Hopefully, our coaches will find a way to make the most of what we have on offense and that will be sufficient to at least get us a winning record and a bowl game. Anything more than that will be  gravy.

I expect that UCF will be the odds on favorite in 2018, but at least we get them at home. 

We will be the ultimate defensive team next year.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We will be the ultimate defensive team next year.

At least in our conference.

I am pleased with the class coming in so far and it might yet improve somewhat.

I expect we will see more of those players not being red shirted.

Again, much depends on how long CCS is here.

If he stays for 2019, I think we will once again be a conference contender.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is the Bobby Eveld fallacy.  You just assume that because in limited snaps that Kean is a "better passer" that we will be just as productive if not more productive with him.  What this fails to take into account is all of the negative plays Flowers' mobility allows us to avoid and the defenders defenses have to allocate to spy Flowers.

Just as it was with BJ it's lost on many fans just how many plays would be sure sacks with just about any other human on the planet other than Flowers playing QB.  I'm not just talking about the splash plays either I'm talking about the plays  where  he scrambles for like 2-3yds or throws the ball away after being dead to rights.  Almost all of those are sacks with Kean which puts the offense way behind schedule out of its comfort zone.  Those plays are drive killers and Flowers avoids an ungodly amount of them.  

Q's ability to make something out of nothing with his legs is irreplaceable, no doubt, and I'm not sure Kean/Olakudon is the better passer. In the few plays Kean was in there against Temple last year, he looked like a statue in comparison, and they were able to get heavy pressure on him and cause problems. 'Course, we haven't seen him get significant playing time after getting a full week of practice with the first team offense, so who knows. Whoever does start next year will have to be a FAR better passer to make up what Flowers was able to do with his legs.