• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USA Today: Ole Miss, Tennessee could pursue Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, GaUSFBull said:

This has been a point I've made in discussions on this topic.  This team was BUILT and READY to win.  Skip Holtz would probably be 5-0 right now if he were coaching this team.  

Who knows how it will play out ... I'd like CCS to stay, but if he is hellbent on leaving after this year ... 

Image result for well bye gif

You shut your mouth we don’t speak of that guy around here.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm going to give Coach Strong some faith. The man chose to come to USF; he could have sat out and played golf.

#cash# ran right to South Carolina to interview when he was called. Even with a raise, he was gone the following year.

Coach Strong has higher ethics, I feel.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Complaining about people not there doesn't make sense to me. It's like a restaurant complaining to their patrons about not having enough customers...

Not really ..... until CCS gets on those huge RayJay video boards and starts complaining about attendance

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

maybe what you're offering isn't what people want. I know we all love USF, but there are a lot of areas they can improve upon. IMO an ocs that holds 45k or so would have a better atmosphere. There is something about being on a college campus.

What people want is out of USF's hands. I think the primary reason to most of the ones staying away is that USF just isn't relevant, in their minds, any more the way it used to be, ie BCS/P5. Nothing CCS or USF can do about that ............. and it's a crying shame.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

If we don’t build an OCS and act like we really want a football program, he will be gone. And I would not blame him.

1 hour ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

I'm going to give Coach Strong some faith. The man chose to come to USF; he could have sat out and played golf.

#cash# ran right to South Carolina to interview when he was called. Even with a raise, he was gone the following year.

Coach Strong has higher ethics, I feel.

CWT was here 4 years .... CCS was at L'ville 4 years .... how much stronger can his ethics be? I wonder if Cards fans were whining about him leaving for money? And even if so, still more understandable (his was a P5 to P5 move) than the whining we've had here.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I agree we can't do anything about our conference, but we do have some control about our ooc schedule. I know we aren't going to get Alabama, UF or teams like that to come to Ray Jay...but we should be able to do better than what we had this year. 

*** I realize some teams bought us out or rescheduled their games to a later date. Buyouts were too low 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I agree we can't do anything about our conference, but we do have some control about our ooc schedule. I know we aren't going to get Alabama, UF or teams like that to come to Ray Jay...but we should be able to do better than what we had this year. 

*** I realize some teams bought us out or rescheduled their games to a later date. Buyouts were too low 

If buyouts are too high teams will not sign. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 10/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, GaUSFBull said:

Skip Holtz would probably be 5-0 right now if he were coaching this team.  

11 hours ago, Ionbull said:

You shut your mouth we don’t speak of that guy around here.

Truth hurts.  Some around here would give me mad props for even admitting it.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

USF will always be a destination for good coaches. Our asset will always be Florida players. It is what makes us valuable and not a coach gimmick. Skip Holtz just proved he did not know how to use Florida talent and Wille made the same mistake in the beginning.  I am proud that we have a program not built to last only because a particular coach is here.  #FloridaRich

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If buyouts are too high teams will not sign. 

This. I still find it kind of humorous that some think a higher buyout would have forced those P5's, with their deep pockets, to come here to play us.