• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's rankings this bye week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

#24 NC State beat #17 Louisville.

Will a 5-1 NC State team leap us in the AP poll because we didn't play this weekend? I think it's a travesty to the whole voting system if that happens. Matt Baker would probably do it in a heartbeat. But he's not the norm.

I'm pretty sure it won't happen in the Coaches' poll, as Louisville is below us.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing SDSU lose to UNLV! I'll be glued to that game -until UNLV can't win the game anymore. :D

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,470
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

#24 NC State beat #17 Louisville.

Will a 5-1 NC State team leap us in the AP poll because we didn't play this weekend? I think it's a travesty to the whole voting system if that happens. Matt Baker would probably do it in a heartbeat. But he's not the norm.

I'm pretty sure it won't happen in the Coaches' poll, as Louisville is below us.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing SDSU lose to UNLV! I'll be glued to that game -until UNLV can't win the game anymore. :D

I'm pulling for UNLV as Vegas needs some kind of good after what happened last Sunday. We stand with Las Vegas. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

They would hold bigger wins than us, and its not like there aren't one loss teams ahead of us already. Plus beating a reigning and defending Heisman winner can hold some weight in the voting. I think its possible. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for posting on this topic, really need something to post about other than attendance. But I think both teams will be ranked below us in the polls. I don't see nc State jumping more than 4 spots after beating #17 (even though it is a better win than we've had all season).

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

i don't think it's likely that they'll pass us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

I'm pulling for UNLV as Vegas needs some kind of good after what happened last Sunday. We stand with Las Vegas. 

That game does not start until 10:30! That alone should prevent them from being a representative on NYD. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That game does not start until 10:30! That alone should prevent them from being a representative on NYD. 

I stayed up to the bitter end to watch their last game. Those late west coast games suck for us east coasters. Love me some east coast bias though. 😁

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

NC State I think beat a ranked FSU & beat UL. At 5-1 I think there is a good chance they jump us in the rankings.  Despite winning last week, we stayed the same in the AP poll.  I wouldn't be surprised if the haters vote us down in the rankings, even though we have a bye week.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Even if NCST jumps us this week, they have ND and Clemson on their schedule in the next couple of weeks. They'll be back out of the rankings or at least behind us in a few weeks either way. Now if they beat ND and lose to Clemson they could still be hovering around the same area of the rankings as us.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We need Miami to lose. Can't have them ahead of us! Don't know if FSU has any offensive game left to win the game. Might be a season-saving game for them, though.

So, here are my wishes this weekend:

(1) UNVL beats SDSU. UNLV can score, but I don't know about their ability to stop the run.

(2) FSU needs to beat Miami.

(3) LSU needs to beat uf. Sorry, Bull-lizard -nothing personal.

(4) Washington State needs to beat the tar out of Oregon. Go, Mike Leach!  Yes, you can call me a hater all you want. :evil:

(5) And do you even need to ask? Cincy needs to pull the upset and send the tin men back to reality.