• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

Considering the situation he just left at Texas, and knowing the fan bases (and boosters) at Tennessee and Ole Miss, why would CCS want to hop right back into that? 

Call me naive, but I don’t see money and more screaming fans being enough to immediately jump ship at a chance for those jobs. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Not too worried....

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, CyberBull said:

People love to blame the university, but at the end of day attendance is simply a matter of people making the decision to take a short drive to the stadium and support their alma mater or stay home and make excuses/blame others.

^ This.  Everyone knows when football season starts.  If you'e interested, you'll find out when the games are.  It's not like it's secret.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nothing we can do about it. Unfortunately this conference sucks and casuals don't want to see USF play ECU. We averaged great numbers in the Big East and will pull good numbers for good opponents (Houston/GaTech/BYU/Texas/etc).

"Over the last 11 years, dating to when USF began Big East play in 2005, USF has averaged 40,545 fans. The zenith during that stretch was reached in 2007, when the Bulls -- who would climb to No. 2 in the BCS standings -- averaged 53,170 fans for six home games."

Averages of the old Big 12 candidates with highs in parenthesis:

BYU: 61,024 (64,497 in '07)
USF: 40,545 (53,170 in '07)
UCF: 36,381 (44,018 in '07)
Cincinnati: 30,288 (37,096 in '15)
Memphis: 29,769 (43,802 in '15)
Houston: 25,630 (33,980 in '15)
Colorado State: 23,053 (29,347 in '05)

All we can do is keep coming to support our alma mater and hope others decide to come too...maybe reach out to some friends and invite them or throw parties where the game is the venue. if Strong is 1 and done does it really matter? The next hot up and coming coach will jump in his shoes hoping to strike gold and leave for a bigger "p5" job in a couple years. We aren't keeping quality coaches in the American, it's just not happening when any crap "p5" school can offer more money. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

We need the big TV money.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

30 minutes ago, Hem said:

We aren't keeping quality coaches in the American, it's just not happening when any crap "p5" school can offer more money. 

We couldnt keep quality coaches in the Big East either.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

We couldnt keep quality coaches in the Big East either.  

How do you figure? Unless you're joking we fired the only 2 we had during those times...1 was quality but a maniac and the other one was hot garbage. 

Our money deal was better back then, and we could hold off lower tier and even mid-tier ACC/B12/B1G/SEC programs. Hell Leavitt turned down Bama multiple times amongst other programs

Now? We will lose coaches to garbage P5 schools. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

I’m not worried at all. I don’t see Strong leaving unless UF or UM opened up and both of their coaches seem to be doing ok. Maybe Arkansas since he is originally from there. Our strength of schedule spikes up after this year and will be pretty decent for the next three years including a revenge game against the biggest disappointment in his career – Texas. He also has such a great pipeline over here in terms of recruiting. I think if we go undefeated this year and win the AAC, fans will come back. I think there have been so many let downs that fans are scared to believe in this team. As for our future after QF, I like our current backup quarterbacks. I think we have a lot of great receivers on the team that are destined for breakout years. We have Cronkite and Sands is looking good. We have an Olympic level track athlete on the team. If we can keep at least one of our current quarterback’s recruits, then we are in good hands for another 4-5 years. I just don’t see a decline in USF production on the football field for a while. I think a movement has started and the fans just don’t believe it yet. As for if we were to ever lose Strong, then bring in Larry Scott. Hell I’ll take TJ Weist.  I also like Shaun King’s progression as a coach.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

56 minutes ago, Hem said:

How do you figure? Unless you're joking we fired the only 2 we had during those times...1 was quality but a maniac and the other one was hot garbage. 

Our money deal was better back then, and we could hold off lower tier and even mid-tier ACC/B12/B1G/SEC programs. Hell Leavitt turned down Bama multiple times amongst other programs

Now? We will lose coaches to garbage P5 schools. 

It wasn't just the head, it was the assistants. Remember how Wally Burnham left and we got stuck with Joe Tresey? Or Mike Canales? Or Dan McCarney? We've lost plenty of quality assistants. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Hem said:

Unfortunately this conference sucks

The conference doesn't suck. It's just not the conference some fans think we're entitled to. 

• Upvote 2