• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I would be shocked ... SHOCKED ... if he left for a TOP P5 job after this year.  And let the debate rage as to what constitutes a TOP job ...

I think he needs at least one more year at USF to rehab his image for the big P5 schools.  Anyone who's paid any attention knows he walked into a great situation with a team that was ready to win at the jump.  How will he do next year when QF and all the other seniors are gone?  

Of course, knowing me, I'm wrong and he could get hired away before our bowl game ... 

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I would be shocked ... SHOCKED ... if he left for a TOP P5 job after this year.  And let the debate rage as to what constitutes a TOP job ...

I think he needs at least one more year at USF to rehab his image for the big P5 schools.  Anyone who's paid any attention knows he walked into a great situation with a team that was ready to win at the jump.  How will he do next year with QF and all the other seniors are gone?  

Of course, knowing me, I'm wrong and he could get hired away before our bowl game ... 

But now every player we're recruiting is going to be told that he's going to Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc. Bottom line, no excuses - people need to freaking show up at RJS or STFU when things aren't going great.

USFFan

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

He's not leaving.  Frost is gone after this year. He has huge upside.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I still think many SEC teams will think twice before calling CCS. He needs to show what he can do with his own players to get people to move on from the Texas disaster. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Okay?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Here we go again...Same old song again...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Glad we are being talked about. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Mixed feelings about CCS & the coaching carousel talk. People know the real reason he left Texas, so I would not at all be surprised if he receives offers from the P5.  I also think there will be a big drop off with QF graduating, amongst other key seniors.  Maybe a good time to leave, assuming we finish the second half of the season strong (no pun intended). Having said all of that, I just do not see him being the type of person that would leave so quickly.  Family roots, loyalty & his work ethic (meaning he is up to the challenge to successfully replace key losses at the end of this season), keep him in Tampa for the short term. Don't get me wrong I don't expect him being he for 5 years.  Let's not give him an excuse to bail & let's all show up to games.  Attendance is a big issue for him. It sounds like he feels disrespected by the lack of interest in the football team, which is how he looks at it when he sees the empty seats at home. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Attendance (or lack there of) is a huge issue for him maybe even more than it was for Taggart.  His coaching career has taken him mainly though P5 programs so playing in a near empty rented stadium with 16k in attendance when your team is nationally ranked, scoring nearly 50 points a game and on a 10 game win streak must disappoint the hell out of him.

It would not shock me at all to see him gone after this year.  There will be programs that will take a serious look at him and if he gets an offer he likes, he's gone.

The attendance issue needs to improve and quickly and I don't see that happening.