• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Projections are a joke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20883510/week-5-college-football-bowl-projections-2017

Hale as us at the Trop vs. FIU.   Really.  it shows me that they clowns are guessing.

At least the other guy put some thought into it and has us in the Peach vs. Wisky. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

If we played FIU in a bowl game we might be 50 point favorites...that might be the worst bowl matchup of all time.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20883510/week-5-college-football-bowl-projections-2017

Hale as us at the Trop vs. FIU.   Really.  it shows me that they clowns are guessing.

At least the other guy put some thought into it and has us in the Peach vs. Wisky. 

Well, technically they are guessing. It's not a stretch, though. There's a very good chance we do go to a game like the Peach Bowl, but it requires that we win out and that we hold off SDSU. You know as well as I do that the AAC bowl tie-ins stink so if we lose a game or SDSU wins out, there's a really good chance we end up in St. Pete. We were just in Birmingham so I doubt we go there again.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

If 2 teams go undefeated from the G5 conferences, there is also a very good chance that both end up as at-large bids for the NY6 bowls. In a scenario where both SDSU and USF go undefeated, I could see SDSU ending up in the Fiesta Bowl and USF ending up in the Peach Bowl. At that point, both would likely be ranked in the Top 8 to 10. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

29 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If 2 teams go undefeated from the G5 conferences, there is also a very good chance that both end up as at-large bids for the NY6 bowls. In a scenario where both SDSU and USF go undefeated, I could see SDSU ending up in the Fiesta Bowl and USF ending up in the Peach Bowl. At that point, both would likely be ranked in the Top 8 to 10. 

A lot, and I mean a lot, of things would have to happen for any chance of that occurring.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I hope no one at any time has ever put any stock into bowl projections.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see 2 G5 schools going to major bowls, but I would think if 2 teams are top 15 or better they would find something better than the Tropicana thing or whatever they call it.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I think if SDSU and USF are both undefeated that both of them will make it to NY6 bowl games. It would be a way for the power conferences to throw a small bone to the G5s and it would prevent there from being too much bellyaching that the system is unfair and needs to be changed. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

True all the American's Bowls are a joke but they were in a weak negotiating position at the time. Hopefully after 2019, we will have better options. The AAC does have a "Secondary Partnership" with the Liberty and Independence bowls so I could see someone swap for a higher ranked team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

CFN has us in the Peach vs. Georgia while at the same time declaring that if UCF or SDSU are undefeated they'll get the G5 slot over us.  I guess it's two different guys' opinions!  GO BULLS!

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/rankings-heisman-hot-seat-coaches-bowl-projections-week-5-roundup