• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO's Baker is such a piece of ****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Lol I doubt that unless you are talking about the 41k seating configurations. 

I don't know, if we're both undefeated.  We might (with some help, okay a lot of help) be in the top ten and them in the top 15.  That might be enough to sell out to whole thing.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Unfortunately, he's not the only on who thinks like that.

Last week there were still five AP voters who did not vote for USF.

Some of them will likely still not vote for USF, but might now vote for UCF.

Andy Bitter – of The Roanoke Times did not rank USF, instead voted for UCiF in the number 25 spot.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

Andy Bitter – of The Roanoke Times did not rank USF, instead voted for UCiF in the number 25 spot.

There is always one in every crowd 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The memphis qb didnt show up for the game and now apparently they are good enough for a top 25 ranking.  Yikes.  I guess fuel for the fire when we come to that cess pool to get our tires slashed and get that W.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, cdub3511 said:

No love for Baker here but I can't completely disagree with some of his points.  While I don't think there's any doubt USF is a better team (yes, I have my green goggles on today), UCF is certainly better than I thought they would be this year and their schedule has afforded them the opportunity to prove themselves against better competition.  The good news is that we will get the chance to prove that we are indeed better than this UCF team that he thinks so highly of.  In the meantime we just need to keep winning.   

Think he has a point here as well. UCF may be the better team at this point in the season, but will they be at the end of the season when they play us? Think that's the more important question than any ranking after Week 5 of the season. Do people remember who was in the Top 10 or even Top 5 (minus Alabama and Clemson) at this point last season?? Probably not because at the end of the season nobody really cares. 

Their conference schedule here on out is pretty tough - away at Navy (who everyone is sleeping on), at SMU (who scores at will), and at Temple (who I think will be a better team at the end of the season than the one we played). 

As long as we play one game at a time and play our best ball week in and week out - WE WILL BE FINE! Regardless of what UCF does. Don't let the haters distract us from enjoying what is turning into a great season. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

He's doing it to generate clicks.  Let everyone put UCF ahead of us.  We play them, so we can rectify it.

Exactly. This kind of thing is a concern regarding San Diego State though...

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

If we werent ranked in the beginning of the season they would be ahead of us at this point.

The best part is that is that they are helping us by winning these games, so I'm all for them being ranked.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

Doesn't matter. In the end the CFP rankings are all that matter. AP poll is just for entertainment purposes

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

You seem to care.

I didn't go out of my way to read his write up, only comment on what was already in the board. So, no I don't care

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

5 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Only problem I have with it is he seems more caught up with the schedule than the performance on the field.   If all he is worried about the schedule, which I believe he is,  we are never going to garner any favor in his eyes. 

Memphis does not look like anything better than an average team and jury is out on Maryland. Not saying UCF isnt good enough to be ranked, but USF's wins have been dominant and record setting every week. 

One spot is not a big deal, but he seems to think he is the smartest guy in the room judging by his comments and ranking of other teams. Just seems out of touch with other voters. 

I don't think so.  USF's strength of schedule is nearly the worst in the entire FBS, while there have been good performances it has been against the worst teams in football.  FIU, Maryland, and Memphis are all good teams.  They are undefeated except for losing to those guys.  If you watched any of that game you would know that they are for real, they made Memphis look bad.  Memphis is not a bad team, they are a good team.  I still have USF at the top of my personal AAC power rankings, but it's closer than ever after this weekend.