• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN gives USF 43% chance to beat UCF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

When discussing this year's USF team, and offense in particular, we should be aware that CCS is trying to keep  Flowers as healthy as is possible. We have a long season and he is the team MVP.

So, I expect that we will win games keeping that in mind and it won't always be all it could be.

BUT, by the time we play UCF, Flowers will be fully released to do his thing and UCF will LOSE.

Like the way you think.  Hopefully, the offense will click enought with ECU we can get another QB in to do mop up duty in the second half. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Full offense will be unleashed against Houston and UCF. Can’t defend what you don’t know about.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/24/2017 at 10:49 AM, python815 said:

I just checked after the games yesterday ESPN now only gives us a 28% chance to win. That's nuts.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400941849

Don't see why everybody on here is freaking out about the percentages. ESPN tends to overhype certain teams (even in the G5) and conferences after what seem to be "signature" wins especially at the beginning of the season. I remember specifically when an ESPN analyst claimed that "Texas is back!" last year  after beating an ND team that ended up going 4-8... Outside of their normal realm of focus, which really consists of the top half of the P5 and a handful of G5, many of these guys have no idea what's going on and are too biased towards the usual suspects to appropriately project an outcome....same for their computers. Without unreasonable hype, college football probably wouldn't be as watchable and people like Paul Finebaum and Kirk Herbstreit would be out of jobs because they wouldn't have nearly as much to talk about anymore. 

C'mon, you really think people would tune into Miss. St getting crushed by Georgia by 30 if Miss. St didn't have an over inflated 17 ranking coming off beating an over ranked #12 LSU??? ESPN plays into that and benefits from it. Hype trains = $$$ so why not play it up if I'm ESPN? A college football game on Black Friday has a lot more eyes on it if both teams are ranked - doesn't matter the disparity between skill level...ranking is perception. Perception is all that matters to them. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

On 9/24/2017 at 10:49 AM, python815 said:

I just checked after the games yesterday ESPN now only gives us a 28% chance to win. That's nuts.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400941849

Perfect. If that trend continues, they'll come in blindly overconfident ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 9/21/2017 at 10:59 PM, NJUSFBULL said:

And only a 3.7% chance to win out!

20170921_225540.jpg

For the UCF one, only 71% to beat Tulsa?  :lmao:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

For the UCF one, only 71% to beat Tulsa?  :lmao:

That 71% is the FPI Chance to win for USF when they play Tulsa, not UCF.  That's showing the the remainder of our schedule this year and ESPN's magical rating of our chances to win.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/25/2017 at 0:10 AM, Ionbull said:

Full offense will be unleashed against Houston and UCF. Can’t defend what you don’t know about.

I refuse to believe that Charlie would purposely want to be in a 4th quarter game with Stony Brook

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

12 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

I refuse to believe that Charlie would purposely want to be in a 4th quarter game with Stony Brook

I refuse to believe you actually felt the need to post that ...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

46 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Until you watch the game the following week against Illinois and we used a considerable amount of concepts and plays we hadn't ran at all until that point......  Gilbert is on record saying the entire offense isn't installed yet either.....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

That 71% is the FPI Chance to win for USF when they play Tulsa, not UCF.  That's showing the the remainder of our schedule this year and ESPN's magical rating of our chances to win.  

Exactly.  At least UCF has looked reasonably good in beating Maryland.  One might have some sort of argument given the two schedules and results this season.

Tulsa lost to New Mexico and is 1-3.  We should have a 99% chance of winning that game based on the season thus far.