• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guarantee if we had an OCS fans would NOT leave early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Been to BHGS and that OCS is a dump!! I will never again go to a game there and I have been there a few times too many. I'm pretty sure USF will build something better than that dump..

:roflmao:

i mean really?  Who runs out of ice in Florida during a noon game in September?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Is there a reason the TV cameras are on the west side?  Certainly not a cure for the attendance issue, but it may help with the appearance on TV.  Most of the shots of the stands show the east side which is usually barren.  Can the TV cameras shoot the game from the east side?  The west side usually has more fans in the seats, unless everybody's in the club, which is a subject for another thread.  Maybe it's just polishing the attendance turd, but might make it look a little better on TV.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Is there a reason the TV cameras are on the west side?  Certainly not a cure for the attendance issue, but it may help with the appearance on TV.  Most of the shots of the stands show the east side which is usually barren.  Can the TV cameras shoot the game from the east side?  The west side usually has more fans in the seats, unless everybody's in the club, which is a subject for another thread.  Maybe it's just polishing the attendance turd, but might make it look a little better on TV.

That would probably involve moving all the announcers and media to the other side. Can't have an announcer calling a play from one vantage point while the cameras are showing the opposite.  Probably will never happen although it would make it look much better.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

or move the home side to the other of the field.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would put the team in the heat on late afternoon games.  Probably why home team is on the west side

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

I went to Tuscaloosa this weekend to see the Alabama vs Colorado state game. Alabama as you know the #1 team in the country. Granted they were not playing a top team but people left the game early. It happens in all of sports.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I still think USF aggravated the issue when they stopped discounting the tickets on the East side of the stadium.  Every single person I know who had tickets on the East moved to the West a few years ago when they redid the ticket pricing.  Who wouldn't?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

On 9/19/2017 at 10:57 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Ray Perkins did that with the Bucs.....to show we were tough and could handle the sun. I think that lasted two seasons. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472

Give me an ocs that has a roof and ac and I'm there ......I work 6 days a week  in the heat

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, fhemmer209 said:

Ray Perkins did that with the Bucs.....to show we were tough and could handle the sun. I think that lasted two seasons. 

LOL, I lived in Tampa and had season tickets then...I remember that well.