• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guarantee if we had an OCS fans would NOT leave early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

18 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

I do know that the rain delay seemed to help the satdium get fuller by kickoff time....we left our seats in 4th quarter because some extremely drunk people were allowed to come down in our section because the ushers never check seats just saying

Hey!  It occurred to me too late what was happening.  We could have sat next to you and moved them over...

They actually got busted by the security guard not long after you left.  Basically they told them that it wasn't their seat and they need to sit down, calm down, or leave.  They filed out a bit after that...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 9/16/2017 at 7:50 AM, smazza said:

why do they leave early?

in la it is because of traffic

Simply: we lack a fervent football culture. The fans that go to the away games are fantastic and rabid; at home, it's a totally different fan base.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Most of the games ive seen on tv lately show fans arriving late and leaving early. LOTS of open seats for the NFL games today. I think some of the major issues with live sporting events are they take too long (too many commercials) and it costs too much. The prices for food/drinks at most stadiums is a joke. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

Most of the games ive seen on tv lately show fans arriving late and leaving early. LOTS of open seats for the NFL games today. I think some of the major issues with live sporting events are they take too long (too many commercials) and it costs too much. The prices for food/drinks at most stadiums is a joke. 

I get that but I really don't mind if USF games are long. The season is only four months long with 12 to 13 games. I enjoy making a day of it; its like a celebration. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

ATL Falcons are trying the reduced concessions, but I don't know how long that lasts.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 9/16/2017 at 5:55 AM, GaUSFBull said:

Is this a joke?  No one is fighting against an OCS.  There are just some rational people on this board who don't believe an OCS will bring you attendance to football games like Santa Claus brings you Christmas presents.  How many times does this need to be discussed?  

Some people here just want a gold plated OCS, and that is unreasonable 

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get that but I really don't mind if USF games are long. The season is only four months long with 12 to 13 games. I enjoy making a day of it; its like a celebration. 

I get that and agree with you when it comes to USF games. I do however think it turns away the casual viewer. I could enjoy a 3 or 4 hour USF game, but won't sit through that for any other team. I DVR most of the other games I'd like to see, so I can skip all the commercials, timeouts, halftime etc. 

There are changes they could make that would enhance the live experience, but it's all about he $$$. I personally wish they could cut out just a couple media timeouts and do some commercials like soccer does. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

19 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

ATL Falcons are trying the reduced concessions, but I don't know how long that lasts.  

Yeah I think it's a good idea, but unfortunately probably won't last long. 

Hopefully when USF gets a stadium they will charge reasonable prices. I understand teams need money, but some of the prices are outrageous...$7 for a water at Ray Jay is crazy. (I know usf doesn't set those prices) 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

My wife is a Gator, and she noticed that there were quite a few empty seats near the end of the Tennessee-Florida game in Gainesville this past weekend.

Since BHGS is an OCS, I think it's safe to say that the main premise of this entire thread is completely false.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

My wife is a Gator, and she noticed that there were quite a few empty seats near the end of the Tennessee-Florida game in Gainesville this past weekend.

Since BHGS is an OCS, I think it's safe to say that the main premise of this entire thread is completely false.  

Been to BHGS and that OCS is a dump!! I will never again go to a game there and I have been there a few times too many. I'm pretty sure USF will build something better than that dump..