• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing Mack and Adams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Just wondering out loud if the departure of those two guys make that much difference.  Sure does not resemble our offense from last ear so far.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Those two wouldn't make this offense much better.

What we need to run this is the Wisconsin Oline and running back from Penn St and the Michigan QB that is all we are lacking.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don't think they can come back...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Oregon put up 77 points with totally different players.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

If the play called for mack to run between the tackles he would have basically the same results. 

Most of Adams catches were either bubble screens or the touch pass behind the line. 

They would not have made a difference

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

and Amichia and Threat.  We lost three of our better players ever in Mack, Adams, and Amichia.  When you have 3 players who can score at any time it certainly helps.  When you have one, that can be gameplanned against. Underrated factor on the message boards, IMO.  

Doesn't mean the gameplans havent been lacking so far though.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

MM was a once in a generation back for USF.  Vision, processing speed and the ability to change direction with a gear that very few have made him exceptional.  I feel blessed to have seen him in a Bulls uniform.  If anyone thinks he would not have made a difference this year your football acumen is poor.

Thank you MM.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Of course they make a difference.  Those are two NFL level talents and I don't believe we have replaced them with NFL level talents.  DJ doesn't look good in the feature back role, which means Tice should assume that role.   I love Tice and I think he will take the role and run with it, but he isn't MM.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Willie is running our EXACT plays to get 77 points. I watched it and he ran our offense from last year to a T. Guys I am convinced it's the change in offense. I am a coach and not ashamed to admit I stole Some of Willies plays and it's working for me. 

Willie used ball fakes and misdirection off jet sweeps.  Study it. Gilbert has not mastered this yet IMO. He likes other things better. Willie also effectively used bubble screens and WR fakes to set up deep passes. (Fake bubbles to one WR then a go to another).  Willie was a master at misdirection which confused defenses and they couldn't key in on one player or knew who was getting ball. Every play had like 2-3 or more options so defense could never key in. Truly study the gulf coast offense and it becomes clear 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

MM was a once in a generation back for USF.  Vision, processing speed and the ability to change direction with a gear that very few have made him exceptional.  I feel blessed to have seen him in a Bulls uniform.  If anyone thinks he would not have made a difference this year your football acumen is poor.

Thank you MM.

Go Bulls!

sorry but Mack wasn't all that effective against a stacked box either. their safeties this week were no more than 7 yards from the line. the reason Mack had so much space to run in was because we stretched the field. safeties couldn't play in the box against us. yes he was a tremendous back but our offense allowed him to run free in space a lot of the time. we didn't just run him up the middle into a stacked box all game every game.