• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#FreeQuintonFlowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone mentioned the possibilities that this is what Flowers wants? We know he gave up offers from bigger schools to play quarterback here at USF. We know he as always struggled with the short passes. Is it possible Flowers really want's to play on Sundays as QB, and is trying to work on being a pro-style quarterback?

Edited by BrewerDrew

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yeah.  We did have beers, but the conversation I remember was around an OCS.  If there was mention of Q and the offense, I must have missed it, however, I did have to duck early to meet the wife for dinner so I maybe it was after I left. Anyway, great seeing you and Go Bulls!

Ah oh cool. It was great to meet you too! Might have been someone else that was there, I know my wife was. But, he hung around for a good while and we all chatted about a bunch of USF and football things.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, BrewerDrew said:

Has anyone mentioned the possibilities that this is what Flowers wants? We know he gave up offers from bigger schools to play quarterback here at USF. We know he as always struggled with the short passes. Is it possible Flowers really want's to play on Sundays as QB, and is trying to work on being a pro-style quarterback?

Apparently this happened with BJ Daniels and Holtz.  BJ wanted to be a pocket passer and Holtz allegedly let him, to possibly oversimplify the story.

Big mistake, as it turned out.  

The same would happen with Flowers, but there's no evidence that Q wants this.  Q had his best season last year, I can't imagine him wanting to run anything different, but we don't live in a world where college players get to run what plays they want.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, BrewerDrew said:

You're kidding right?  I have as much chance at playing QB in the NFL as QF.  Not ragging on him. I've come to love him. But you can't play in the NFL just throwing the ball 50 yards. You have to make ALL the throws.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

But you can't play in the NFL just throwing the ball 50 yards. You have to make ALL the throws.

Really? We're still going with yet another myth? QF has proven he can make ALL the throws, even though he didn't on Saturday ..... And I'm not saying he's NFL qb material but this "he can only throw the ball deep" crap is just that.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Dude, some times we need the receivers to catch the ball if it hits their hands.  The drops are a problem.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Dude, some times we need the receivers to catch the ball if it hits their hands.  The drops are a problem.

This.  He'd have 7-8 more completions over 2 games if the receivers would have caught what were good throws.  Another 2-3 were dumps that he threw in the ground at the feet of open guys.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

This.  He'd have 7-8 more completions over 2 games if the receivers would have caught what were good throws.  Another 2-3 were dumps that he threw in the ground at the feet of open guys.

Was it not McCants wide open on like the 5 yard line and the ball hit him in the bread basket but he dropped it?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

Was it not McCants wide open on like the 5 yard line and the ball hit him in the bread basket but he dropped it?

We act like the wrs don't catch anything unless it is perfect...

MCCants had a drop. He also caught a ball with a defender all over him.

Just like the receivers need to practice catching QF needs to practice his throwing. The first game I saw improvement but the second game...not so much.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

QF's chances at a Heisman trophy were slim, but CCS and staff have taken that chance from him due to their poor utilization of his skills.