• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Little time to think, or blink, in USF's new offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

CCS has already lost control of the team 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/31/2017 at 7:37 PM, JTrue said:

Failed miserably? His first year, his stats dropped off a little. Understandable with a new staff. His junior he had 600+ more passing yards and 170 less rushing yards in one less game. His senior year he out-passed his last CJL year by 100 yards and was on pace to rush for the same amount in 4 less games. 

Psst, by his senior year Skip gave up his idiot stance.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Psst, by his senior year Skip gave up his idiot stance.

I love it. As soon as one thread dies on here abut how Skip forced BJ into being a pocket passer his senior year, which has been disproven about 100 times, we just shift it to his sophomore year. But now, Skip actually learned his lesson and was a success when BJ was a senior. Hooray!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, JTrue said:

I love it. As soon as one thread dies on here abut how Skip forced BJ into being a pocket passer his senior year, which has been disproven about 100 times, we just shift it to his sophomore year. But now, Skip actually learned his lesson and was a success when BJ was a senior. Hooray!

Huh? I don't know about this other thread, but it was a terrible sophomore year for BJ (relatively speaking) because of Skip's idiotic stance. He grew more into the role in his junior year, but still was playing under his potential. By his senior year, the talent around him was starting to dissipate and he was carrying the entire team. It was too late for Skip by this point. When BJ finally went down, so did the house of cards that Skip had assembled behind him. Skip was a terrible coach for USF, if we want to give him credit for taking 2+ years to let a generational athlete at QB run more free, fine, we can do that. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

23 hours ago, JTrue said:

7 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Huh? I don't know about this other thread, but it was a terrible sophomore year for BJ (relatively speaking) because of Skip's idiotic stance. He grew more into the role in his junior year, but still was playing under his potential. By his senior year, the talent around him was starting to dissipate and he was carrying the entire team. It was too late for Skip by this point. When BJ finally went down, so did the house of cards that Skip had assembled behind him. Skip was a terrible coach for USF, if we want to give him credit for taking 2+ years to let a generational athlete at QB run more free, fine, we can do that. 

J's point is that, it has been discussed on here many times, BJ himself wanted to be more of a pocket QB, Skip did not force him in that role.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

To add to the BJ/Skip discussion... stats are crap. Show me wins. As BJD's passing stats "improved", the team started losing more games.

I hope that CCS understands who QF is, and, I hope that QF knows that his future as a potential NFL player is not at QB. I think he can be a RB at the next level. Let the kid showcase his freakish athleticism and keep doing what he is doing. The point of the game is to do what it takes to win, not to improve anyone's stats.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

They want to spread you and pound you.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:09 PM, George Jenkins said:

:conduct:

How'd that one get past the copy editor?

I can wait until we play Oregon State.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Pretty sure that Skip, what with being the head coach and all, had the authority to veto what a 19-20 year old kid "wanted to do".

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

14 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Pretty sure that Skip, what with being the head coach and all, had the authority to veto what a 19-20 year old kid "wanted to do".

And also pretty sure there was no backup QB and he wanted to keep the starter healthy, if at all possible.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

And also pretty sure there was no backup QB and he wanted to keep the starter healthy, if at all possible.

That depends. Some people like to believe Holtz made BJ switch to a pocket passer his sophomore year and others swear it was his senior year.