• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I agree with your final statement, but QF can't do it all by himself.  We saw in the Temple game how he can be contained by a team defense.  Without Mack and Adams who, combined with QF, accounted for most of our offensive production last year, the game is a little different.  We'll need DJ's Chuck Norris abilities like we haven't before, and others will need to step up as well. 

That's what I said. Temple had the athletes and plan to contain Q. Not sure anyone on the schedule next year will have both a plan and the athletes. Absolutely agree that people will need to step up. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bulls Are We said:

Not sure what games some of you were watching last year, but a ton of QF's best plays were designed runs, read option, fake bubble screen and QB draws.  

It would be a huge mistake to take him out of the running game.  

Exactly.  That is all I am saying.  Give QF his 10 designed runs a game.  He's going to take off on 5 or 6 others when things break down anyway, but please don't take away arguably his greatest asset.  I have zero problem with him passing a little more.  He looked great against South Carolina.

Quinton and his 1500+ yards needs to carry the ball!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I was perfectly content with those same 10 plays last year considering the results ...

6 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Until a little team called Temple shut us down and prevented us from playing in the AACCG.  

Obviously didn't like that result, or FSU, but don't think that loss had anything to do with the supposed limited number of plays we chose to run last year. Had more to do with the comedic execution of plays in crunch time at the end of the game ..... and that we turned Armstead into Dalvin Freaking Cook.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Hassan Reddick did well in the combine was a force at Temple.  We werent prepared for their intensity.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

Hassan Reddick did well in the combine was a force at Temple.  We werent prepared for their intensity.

They punked us in their house, plain & simple.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

And stole Brett Kean's lunch money.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

13 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Revenge is a great motivator.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

My biggest question on offense this spring is do we have a RB capable of playing decent football who isn't a senior. Dj and Tice are awesome, but if a younger guy isn't even stealing a few carries, that is a really bad sign for the future at an important position

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

My biggest question on offense this spring is do we have a RB capable of playing decent football who isn't a senior. Dj and Tice are awesome, but if a younger guy isn't even stealing a few carries, that is a really bad sign for the future at an important position

Trevon Sands, supposedly. But we won't know for sure until he gets some real game carries.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't really think Temple did anything to slow QF down except play keep away. Where most teams loved to celebrate scoring on our defense quickly, Temple savored their time on the field with our defense. They slowed everything down, they chipped away and held the ball 2/3 of the game. That kept Q off the field and thus "in check". With more time to wear down their defense, I have no doubt that Q would have put up numbers against them to. Surprised more teams didn't try to keep the ball away from us more. Navy fell behind early or they would have done the same I fear.

Based on TOP, QF had 277 yards of offense, total we had the ball for 21 min, say QF was on the field for 19 of those with Kean in relief after he got hurt. So, QF produced 14.57 yards/min. Against Memphis (probably his best game, didn't check them all), he had 473 yards of offense, but, in 33 min of possession, giving him 14.33 yards/min.

Funny, he produced 16.5 yards/min against FSU, but, that is the game that I felt like CWT coached very poorly in that he didn't let Q run very much in the first half. We got pass happy and turned the ball over a couple of times in the first half and they pulled away. Started running more in the second half and hung in there, but, the damage was already done. I remeber that FSU also dominated Mack early in that game, QF wasn't running, and passes were just a bit off except for the big plays. First half was just ugly. 

• Upvote 1