• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No. 22 Bulls Host UCF In War on I-4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

usf can't have nice things, i'm surprised some of you are still surprised this university's athletics likes to shat the bed on occasion.

they're still a solid team, at least enjoy that they win most of their games and probably still make the tournament.

Edited by Danm1983

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

45 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

One & Done = Participation Banner

But at the end of the tournament only 1 team stands, this year likely UConn - again.  We aren't going to win the tournament and we may win a first round game.  I still enjoy watching them play but I think we need to get some quicker players.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

UCONN lost 3 drafted higher than Courtney, and they continue to win.

Fool's logic (not saying you're a fool). Courtney is a once a decade player for USF women's hoops. UConn routinely has members of their starting five playing in the WNBA. Matter of fact, I'm willing to say UConn had the same number of people in the WNBA last year that USF has had in the history of the WNBA (Courtney Williams, Jessica Dickinson and Wanda Guyton). I might be wrong... but that spans almost 30 years for the ladies that played here.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Typical trap game, sandwiched between Tulane and Temple, but it had to happen sooner or later, 30 year streaks are due to be broken.

I take some consolation that they beat us in a rebuilding year, one in which we were still ranked. Such is the national respect for CJF.

We'll get through this, and the ladies will all have chips on their shoulders the rest of the year.

Go BULLS!!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Typical trap game, sandwiched between Tulane and Temple, but it had to happen sooner or later, 30 year streaks are due to be broken.

I take some consolation that they beat us in a rebuilding year, one in which we were still ranked. Such is the national respect for CJF.

We'll get through this, and the ladies will all have chips on their shoulders the rest of the year.

Go BULLS!!

I could have a chip on my shoulder and still not be able to dunk.  Just saying that this team has some limitations.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

21 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I could have a chip on my shoulder and still not be able to dunk.  Just saying that this team has some limitations.

To be expected in a rebuilding year. Sky has not fallen, we'll be OK.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

As I was leaving the parking lot, I was thinking this exact thing, that I personally thought this team was destined for a deep WNIT run based on its youth and the AAC being a tougher conference, particularly Temple. I thought that 2018 the team would return to the NCAA, and in 2019 with Laksa as a Sr. we'd have a top-4 seed and host a couple of games. 20-5 is nothing to sneeze at, and they have a chance to sweep the 3rd best team in the conference Sunday.

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

I'm not disappointed.  They've exceeded my expectations this year after losing the 3 seniors from last year.  The improvement in Flores, Pujol and Jesperson this season has been marked.  If you add in the injuries suffered this year it is amazing they were ranked as long as they were.  Should still make the NCAA.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not worried about us making the tourney but we have to address how we are going to play against physical teams going forward as everyone can see that is our weakness. We might schedule our non-conference next year around teams that are known to be physical so the girls get used to playing that way.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, charsibb said:

Go BULLS!!

UCF is never and will never be a trap game

• Upvote 1