• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woodie makes it to Ducks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Special teams? Probably get a lot of input from Leavitt. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

36 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Special teams? Probably get a lot of input from Leavitt. 

Thought the same thing when I read this

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I wonder if the Oregon boards are warming up to all the Willie and Woodie jokes we used to run on TBP back in the day ...

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I wonder if the Oregon boards are warming up to all the Willie and Woodie jokes we used to run on TBP back in the day ...

Now you have the trifecta: Willie, Woodie and Jimmie Leavitt. I think we can expect those guys to hit recruiting hard in the Bay area. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

I thought Woodie was coaching the Special team last year.

ISWUDT

Image result for "special" dr. evil

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, raptorcj said:

That's about the right spot for him IMO. He didn't prove anything to me as a DC beyond being better than Brezzy...which was not hard.

But I heard he's a good recruiter so gotta pay the man. :evil:

Statistically speaking, Breezy was worlds better.  Here are his two defenses at USF compared to Woodie

Total defense 13

28.6 ppga

351ypg

Total defense 72nd

26ppga

403ypg

Here's Woodie this past year 

Total defense 117th

31ppga

482ypg

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

53 minutes ago, Atlanta Bull said:

Now you have the trifecta: Willie, Woodie and Jimmie Leavitt. I think we can expect those guys to hit recruiting hard in the Bay area. 

I still think it will be hard to pull kids out of Florida all the way out on the west coast.  They will get some but for sure but they have their work cut out for them.

For example, let's see what happens with Judson.  That is a guy that considers CWT like a father figure.  He may go to Oregon but it is not a done deal and I would think it would be if his relationship with CWT is all that mattered.

He certainly wants to play for Taggart - so why not commit already?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, MMW said:

I still think it will be hard to pull kids out of Florida all the way out on the west coast.  They will get some but for sure but they have their work cut out for them.

For example, let's see what happens with Judson.  That is a guy that considers CWT like a father figure.  He may go to Oregon but it is not a done deal and I would think it would be if his relationship with CWT is all that mattered.

Because no one would be looking at his Twitter if he did that.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, MMW said:

As fans it's frustrating to see situations like this but I understand this is the most important decision in these kids' lives and there are numerous people talking into their ears. I'm sure he was all in playing for Taggart at USF, but the situation is different now. Can CWT bring guys from Florida to Oregon? Sure. But he's working on relationships he already made, so it's easy to talk to them. 2-3 years down the road it won't be; especially if the new G5 coaches in Florida ramp up their contacts or if oregon doesn't have success. 

Could see a situation where guys transfer out once they realize football is only half the year and you're still in Eugene, Oregon. Not that it's a bad thing, but some players may not like it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, Ionbull said:

As fans it's frustrating to see situations like this but I understand this is the most important decision in these kids' lives and there are numerous people talking into their ears. I'm sure he was all in playing for Taggart at USF, but the situation is different now. Can CWT bring guys from Florida to Oregon? Sure. But he's working on relationships he already made, so it's easy to talk to them. 2-3 years down the road it won't be; especially if the new G5 coaches in Florida ramp up their contacts or if oregon doesn't have success. 

Could see a situation where guys transfer out once they realize football is only half the year and you're still in Eugene, Oregon. Not that it's a bad thing, but some players may not like it.

I guess this sums up best what I was trying to say.  Eugene is 3000+ miles away.  The other Florida coach can see these kids at no cost as much as they are permitted by the rules.

Out of site, out of mind.  I guess we will see.