• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What hiring Charlie Strong Means for USF

What a Charlie Strong hire means for USF?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

My personal belief is that he will help USF win a conference championship and close the door on that issue.   I feel that he will recruit top talent and we will continue to do well.  I don't think he stays past 3 years unless the following changes occure - we move to a P5 conference and start to build and OCS.  I think his hiring will stem the defections of recruits.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think this is probably the best hire yet and there is true potential for for sustained success.   But "next level" kind of success is going to require more work from a lot of people on Fowler and those reading this post.  It's not just Charlie.   

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

:angry: .... This is the first thread I see when I jumped on this morning and based on the ****** title ("What hiring Charlie Strong Means Would Mean for USF) thought it was a done deal. If it falls through, you, and only you, will be held personally responsible.

• Downvote 2

Guest PCBull14
4 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

D*mn...looks like my speculation might be right! If so Strong has already done what a coach at the next level should do; energize our program including those with the money. Big time moves baby!

Looks like Strong wants to become the father of USF football.

This is the one thing that happened yesterday that had me thinking maybe this is it for the next 10 years. He's tasted the highest level and that didn't go so well. I didn't think he should have taken the Texas job. Charlie isn't the most vocal love the media commitment type of guy. 

Maybe he stays here and builds a monster. I can only hope. Pray to whoever you do that he relearns how to coach a good defense. If he thinks the DC hires were bad, don't hire one! 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Later today Trip

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

:angry: .... This is the first thread I see when I jumped on this morning and based on the ****** title ("What hiring Charlie Strong Means Would Mean for USF) thought it was a done deal. If it falls through, you, and only you, will be held personally responsible.

Hahaha...sry Trip. Shall I knock on wood, say three hail Mary's and toss rice over my shoulder. Please feel free to change the title but just about every major outlet is reporting a hire now.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

1. Strong is a straight arrow & well respected. He doesn't need to ride on anybody's coat tails. This alone brings a lot of credibility to USF in the football arena.  Especially to the fans. Increased attendance. Definitely good PR. Fans will be proud to be a Bull's fan again!

2. He gains the respect of his players & is true to his values.  They will want to play for him. This will generate better recruiting. With that in mind it will lead to a better winning atmosphere & 1st Conference Championship! Then in the future the P5 will come knocking. But first things first.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

8 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Later today Trip

That good enough for ya Trip :yeahbaby:

Thx @JimUSFSig for the BMM tweet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Later today Trip

Do I really need to quote Yogi here?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Brett McMurphy had already spoken.

Edited by MMW