• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I grew to like Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Now I get it last year why WKU players wanted to beat USF and played with a extra chip on shoulder. 

Hope we can play Oregon in the next few years...will mean big bowl game most likely and I am sure our players will want to beat Taggart big time.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Sounded sincere in his remarks about USF... now he is making 3.2 million a year vs 1.7 here, and has better facilities and resources and can continue to coach and influence young people. How some fans are so critical of the man bettering himself is beyond me.

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Sounded sincere in his remarks about USF... now he is making 3.2 million a year vs 1.7 here, and has better facilities and resources and can continue to coach and influence young people. How can some fans are so critical of the man bettering himself is beyond me.

Completely agree. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Sounded sincere in his remarks about USF... now he is making 3.2 million a year vs 1.7 here, and has better facilities and resources and can continue to coach and influence young people. How some fans are so critical of the man bettering himself is beyond me.

"Sounded" is the key word. I don't have a problem with someone bettering themselves. Sincere is a whole different issue. How sincere and thankful was he to his players and coaching staff that they had to hear he was leaving on the local news instead of by him face to face? How sincere and thankful was he when, before meeting with our team and his staff, he had already placed calls to all the top rated recruits that were to come to USF to try and convince them to follow him to Oregon?

Sorry but to me he was thinking of nobody but himself and showed his (and our) team, his staff, and us loyal USF fans just how INSINCERE he really is by his actions. His words mean nothing. His actions speak volumes.

Having been a season ticket holder since 2001, I've paid my dues and only missed 2 games in that time. I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I was at all the firsts at Florida, FSU, Auburn, and Miami along with most bowl games. So I have the right to express my opinion, whether anyone agrees with me or not. Good riddance Willie and now we can take his knife out of our backs and get back to playing and winning our bowl game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I hope Taggart wins a national title at Oregon and is wildly successful. USF will always be linked with him now and he turned this program around. No matter who made the "offensive shift" Taggart is the head coach so he gets all the blame for the first 2 years and glory for the past 2. 

I hope nothing but the best for him. Thinking any coach will be around for more than 3-5 years when they do well is just not realistic since we're not in a power 5 conference 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

The guy does something right. He gets opportunistic coaches looking for a great opportunity back into the P5 to follow. First Peterino and now looks like Charlie Strong. He left us in a much better place.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, FarEastBull said:

He thanked USF. Loves his USF guys.

He wants to recruit all over America and never had the resources he now has.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/12/willie_taggart_introduced_as_o.html#incart_most-read_ducks_article

Long video. Kinda weird. Not like the USF intro four years ago. Lots of news people, gee...

Clearly, he went for the money.

I stick to my original reply to this: PAYBACK FOR THE SUN BOWL! :FIREdevil:

A few minutes into the presser, as they were trying to fix the technical difficulties with the video, some reporter says "looks like they all went tie shopping together." Yeah, I heard your smarmy comment, lady; you WILL treat Coach T with respect.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Stop trying to reason with unreasonable haters.

I feel it's my duty ...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Having haters means you are doing something right. The more successful you are, the more haters you will have. If you don't have any, get some. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The hater theory is an interesting one.  Fewer people seem able to entertain an opposing viewpoint these days.

Could be the death of online communities...unless we start asking for ID.