• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I grew to like Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

I like Taggart. He made me forgot about Skip Holt

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry only 2-2 against the gnats. Had to go. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, Brad said:

The hater theory is an interesting one.  Fewer people seem able to entertain an opposing viewpoint these days.

Could be the death of online communities...unless we start asking for ID.

Yep if someone dares to question any part of a tenure where 2.33 years of the 4 were the lowest point in our history with such accomplishments as the worst record at 2-10, having our only fcs loss in program history, having our only two ucf losses in program history, etc. then immediately brand them a hater and attack the person. Civil discourse is dead when you can't dare to point out that the coach was on record saying his offense was here to stay (the one that was finishing the death nail in our program) and that when it changed there was speculation at that moment what was the motivating factor. Everyone is happy that the changes were made, everyone can plainly see that CWT is leaving the program better than he found it, I don't believe one person was looking for a regime change in the entire fan base until he opted out (we just had our best season of all time and the future looked as bright as it gets in the G5),  but that's not to say things have always been perfect and that we are doomed since Oregon came calling (haters are going to hate I guess). Perhaps the greatest lesson our past three coaches have taught us is if you would like to run anything other than a form of a spread offense you are disqualified from our coaching search.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Perhaps the greatest lesson our past three coaches have taught us is if you would like to run anything other than a form of a spread offense you are disqualified from our coaching search.

Yes a spread with a mobile qb is a winner here and an attacking defense style.

That and recruit the bay area and state..the blue print is not that difficult for success here.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Yep if someone dares to question any part of a tenure where 2.33 years of the 4 were the lowest point in our history with such accomplishments as the worst record at 2-10, having our only fcs loss in program history, having our only two ucf losses in program history, etc. then immediately brand them a hater and attack the person.

Civil discourse is dead when you can't dare to point out that the coach was on record saying his offense was here to stay (the one that was finishing the death nail in our program) and that when it changed there was speculation at that moment what was the motivating factor. Everyone is happy that the changes were made, everyone can plainly see that CWT is leaving the program better than he found it, I don't believe one person was looking for a regime change in the entire fan base until he opted out (we just had our best season of all time and the future looked as bright as it gets in the G5),  but that's not to say things have always been perfect and that we are doomed since Oregon came calling (haters are going to hate I guess).

Perhaps the greatest lesson our past three coaches have taught us is if you would like to run anything other than a form of a spread offense you are disqualified from our coaching search.

First off, it would be awesome if you could format your posts for easier readability.  I've broken out your above post into paragraphs based on the changes in the points you're making.  I hope you don't mind.  It's tough to follow because you cover so much ground in one giant block of text.  

Second, there's a time to focus on trees, and there's a time to focus on forest.  To say that 2.33 of the 4 years were the lowest point in our history is to deliberately take away from the accomplishment that is USF football in 2016.  To focus on that, you diminish the fact that we were left with the barest of cupboards, yet CWT was expected, by the fans, to make lemonade out of lemon seeds ... basically skipping the whole part of growing the trees and fruit.  CWT had NOTHING to work with here.  No one should be surprised that we went through two awful years while he grew the program.

Third, please provide a link to where Taggart said "the offense is here to say."  You've made several assertions similar to this one but have failed to back them up with actual links to quotes.  I'd love to see where this was said.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Or find the video

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If this is true, then I'm done with xCWT:

Willie Taggart, who just left #USF for #Ducks, is trying to get Charlie Strong to be his DC instead of his replacement, per @joshnewberg247.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Willie Taggart, who just left #USF for #Ducks, is trying to get Charlie Strong to be his DC instead of his replacement, per @joshnewberg247.

We're done with him anyway.  Just sayin'. 

Wonder how much Tags would be willing to spend on him as DC vs. what we'd offer as HC.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

9 hours ago, Bullgang said:

I like Taggart. He made me forgot about Skip Holt

Taggurt made me forget about Holt. :D

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You're supposed to be giddy about CWT's fleeing to Oregon.  

He's taking recruits, why would coaches on the open market surprise you?

Just smile and applaud. He got us 10 wins and now wants to be the first African-American national champ. 

:applause:

• Downvote 1