• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wille Taggart to coach Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Lol of you think it was never about the money in the first place.

maybe it's about competing for a NC. maybe it's about getting to the NFL. maybe it's about awesome facilities, a private plane to recruit with and huge fan support.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

CWT accomplished nothing at USF except restocking the talent. Does getting to two bowls (but not winning them) in AAC level of competition go down in USF history or will it be a forgettable rebuild period?

Could have won the conference this year..

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

maybe it's about competing for a NC. maybe it's about getting to the NFL. maybe it's about awesome facilities, a private plane to recruit with and huge fan support.

Read the post that i replied to, you missed what i said.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

33 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

Then you might wanna change this:

gS7Kw3k.png

Thanks I fixed it

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I can't fault him, but....

It is very possibly just me, but College Football is slowly dying to me. The inequalities of the haves vs. have-nots is quickly taking all of the joy out of the sport for me. In the space of a week, the AAC has now lost ALL THREE of its top coaches. I'm slowly concluding that it's basically impossible for any of the G5 schools to get into "big time" football because no one else wants any more "P5-level" schools. Not the media companies, not the other schools, and not the other fans. Basically, the only people who want G5 schools to move "up" are those very G5 schools and they have no actual power to make it happen.

So the G5 schools are now stuck in a system where they will be continually poached for coaching talent... over and over and over again. This will ensure that the P5 schools keep getting an influx of good young coaches, and it will ensure that the top-level G5 schools will stay there in the G5.

You've pretty much summed up our "American" culture/society.

This culture is found in everything we do here in this country.  Schools, corporations, sports, and everything else in between.

We live in a "drive-thru" society.  No loyalty, no patience, no "true" love/compassion for others.  Just a "me" and "now" mentality.  And it goes both ways.

I don't blame Taggart.  Just two years ago, many doubted him and wanted him gone if he had not succeeded in year 3.

Just the way it is, my friends. 

Edited by Supersurch

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

Yup. We are now officially a stepping-stone school.

How do you think Houston fans feel?  Thier last two coaches are at UT and TAMU.  Navy should really appreciate thier HC.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

How do you think Houston fans feel?  Thier last two coaches are at UT and TAMU.  Navy should really appreciate thier HC.

what about cincy? Michigan state and ND

I hope we learn from them not to hire a retread

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

21 minutes ago, rich.sessums said:

The so called "silver lining".... He will be the first coach to leave for free.  No multi-year contract payout obligations here folks.

Good point.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

48 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I can't fault him, but....

It is very possibly just me, but College Football is slowly dying to me. The inequalities of the haves vs. have-nots is quickly taking all of the joy out of the sport for me. In the space of a week, the AAC has now lost ALL THREE of its top coaches. I'm slowly concluding that it's basically impossible for any of the G5 schools to get into "big time" football because no one else wants any more "P5-level" schools. Not the media companies, not the other schools, and not the other fans. Basically, the only people who want G5 schools to move "up" are those very G5 schools and they have no actual power to make it happen.

So the G5 schools are now stuck in a system where they will be continually poached for coaching talent... over and over and over again. This will ensure that the P5 schools keep getting an influx of good young coaches, and it will ensure that the top-level G5 schools will stay there in the G5.

It's been that way since day 1. You think this would have been different in the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

what about cincy? Michigan state and ND

I hope we learn from them not to hire a retread

Yeah, we can hire a guy like COA. The bad hires work both ways. They have been guys that have been successful after losing another job.