• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wille Taggart to coach Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Maybe it's just about Willie. 

Good bye. 

Seriously. I am not going to congratulate the guy for doing nothing. I do understand why he left, but if he gets rocked in the PAC-whatever, I am not going to feel bad for him at all.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Where is the statement from Harlan? He was often at odds with WT (if reports are true). Most seem to love the guy. Making the right hire is paramount to his tenure at USF

There won't be anything official from USF until after the players meeting at 1:30... USF will try to pretend that they respect the players and coaches, wanted them to hear it directly before any statements released by USF and how unfortunate it is that Taggart and Oregon leaked this information. USF is devestated for these kids and will make sure to hire a proven replacement... yada yada yada...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

We paid Taggart 1.7 million. 

Kiffin makes 1.4 just as the offensive coordinator. I'm not sure head coach at USF would be that appealing to him.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, NAM37 said:

I can't fault him, but....

It is very possibly just me, but College Football is slowly dying to me. The inequalities of the haves vs. have-nots is quickly taking all of the joy out of the sport for me. In the space of a week, the AAC has now lost ALL THREE of its top coaches. I'm slowly concluding that it's basically impossible for any of the G5 schools to get into "big time" football because no one else wants any more "P5-level" schools. Not the media companies, not the other schools, and not the other fans. Basically, the only people who want G5 schools to move "up" are those very G5 schools and they have no actual power to make it happen.

So the G5 schools are now stuck in a system where they will be continually poached for coaching talent... over and over and over again. This will ensure that the P5 schools keep getting an influx of good young coaches, and it will ensure that the top-level G5 schools will stay there in the G5.

Agreed. 

What other sport does not give teams in the same Division an equal opportunity to play for a national championship? I still do not see why this is allowed. 

Either expand the Playoff to 8 and give the highest ranked G5 an auto bid or break away from the G5 completely.  Something's gotta give. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, NAM37 said:

I can't fault him, but....

It is very possibly just me, but College Football is slowly dying to me. The inequalities of the haves vs. have-nots is quickly taking all of the joy out of the sport for me. In the space of a week, the AAC has now lost ALL THREE of its top coaches. I'm slowly concluding that it's basically impossible for any of the G5 schools to get into "big time" football because no one else wants any more "P5-level" schools. Not the media companies, not the other schools, and not the other fans. Basically, the only people who want G5 schools to move "up" are those very G5 schools and they have no actual power to make it happen.

So the G5 schools are now stuck in a system where they will be continually poached for coaching talent... over and over and over again. This will ensure that the P5 schools keep getting an influx of good young coaches, and it will ensure that the top-level G5 schools will stay there in the G5.

And the Navy coach can go P5 whenever he wants. Could have been 4.