• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Because he left TN?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think Coach Scott has to be on the top of the list. Give him a shot. I think he'd be someone that would stick around, and I believe he would be successful here too.

Everyone else should be secondary, and will be ephemeral here. You may get three years out of most of those guys, four tops.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

30 minutes ago, psteazy said:

can't see Bill T captaining a program of this stature.

still not convinced that this guy's built to operate under bright lights.

What more would it take to convince you?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I want coaches that are successful here. if that means they leave after 3 or 4 years so be it. That means they are leaving a winner. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I understand why CWT might want to leave, but if he does, I just don't feel like he'a given us back enough to be OK with it. Yes, we won a lot of games this year. But we didn't win our mediocre bowl game last year, and we haven't even appeared in our CCG game yet. Honestly not sure why he'd even be attractive to Oregon or any other top-shelf M5 team at this point.

Not knocking him, just wish we'd have gotten more out of his time here. Hope he stays and does more before he splits. 

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

If willie tries to run the power run offense at Oregon he won't be there very long

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Guys if Willie leaves Gruden will be out next coach; loaded team in the Tampa area primed for a big year. Sound familiar?

In all seriousness though if Taggart is gone I think we need to give Larry Scott a shot as this could be a place he would stay long term. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Guys if Willie leaves Gruden will be out next coach; loaded team in the Tampa area primed for a big year. 

Good one :lmao:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I understand why CWT might want to leave, but if he does, I just don't feel like he'a given us back enough to be OK with it. Yes, we won a lot of games this year. But we didn't win our mediocre bowl game last year, and we haven't even appeared in our CCG game yet. Honestly not sure why he'd even be attractive to Oregon or any other top-shelf M5 team at this point.

Not knocking him, just wish we'd have gotten more out of his time here. Hope he stays and does more before he splits. 

I have to agree in not seeing how he's accomplished enough for schools who have goals of winning National Championships. Why I was confident he'd get back here one more year to get a conference championship where could get top jobs.

Gotta retain Shaun King moving forward.