• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the Mack Attack be back??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Filed under relevant, D'Onta Foreman declared for the draft this afternoon. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

If he we lose both Mack and Adams in the same offseason, 2017 wont be as smooth as everyone thinks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

The way he patiently runs the ball, IMO, would make him a top 5 back.  Unfortunately, because he played at USF would put him somewhere in the early 4th, maybe late 3rd round at the very best.  He would be a great back on a team like the Patriots, where you don't need to be a 1st rounder to have success at the next level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He might should pull a McAdams and declare to see if there's interest, then pull the ticket and come back for a senior year...if you can do that with the NFL. Whatever he thinks is right is right for him, he's done great things for us so we should be ready to light the fireworks for him either way.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

Go get paid.  Exposing his knees to contact in the sad sack Generican is pointless.

Edited by Carolina_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I was thinking he would be back for sure.  However, some have convinced me that he may not improve his draft stock no matter what; thus, I could see him leaving now, even if he grades out in the 4-5 rounds.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

2 hours ago, Supersurch said:

The way he patiently runs the ball, IMO, would make him a top 5 back.  Unfortunately, because he played at USF would put him somewhere in the early 4th, maybe late 3rd round at the very best.  He would be a great back on a team like the Patriots, where you don't need to be a 1st rounder to have success at the next level.

NFL scouts couldn't care less where you went to school. They value talent where they see it. The second overall pick in last years draft went to an FCS school. He'll get drafted in the 4th-5th round because of his talent level. If you wanna say that running out of Usf's offense doesn't really demonstrate how he would do in a traditional pro style offense, you could make that argument. It also doesn't help him that he tends to run a little taller than you'd probably like to see, and he doesn't really get to display any pass blocking skills in our offense either. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

4 hours ago, NessUSF said:

I'm sure all fantasy football team owners would agree that there are not enough RB talent currently in the NFL. I know I've been struggling with finding a valuable RB because there are so many ineffective/injured RBs. 

There are many NFL teams that are looking for an RB. I'm 100% positive that despite this being a "deep" years in running back, Marlon Mack's value is still really high.

On the contrary, my team is stacked with good running backs. Now if I could just get a few good wide receivers...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

5 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

He's not gonna be a top 5 back in this draft, maybe next year. Which is another reason to come back. I follow a lot of draft rankings and I have yet to see him any higher than the 4th round.

When I say Top 5, I don't mean where he will be drafted among his group, I say where he belongs in terms of talent but likely won't be recognized. There aren't many current college runners I'd rather have than Mack.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

5th or 6th rnder makes significantly less than 3rd rnder.  Sure he will be cashing a check but these guys get cut pretty easily and then you could be bouncing around for quite a while and maybe never find a home in the NFL.   I love Mack but there are several premier  backs in this draft while I can't think of any in next years.

Edited by usfbullrider