• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you increase attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Im not sure why you guys cant figure out that G5 = 25 per game.

Boise St. has been good forever and averages 33k a year.

Memphis had a great year and got up around 40k but are typically around 30k.

Outside of UCF and Navy the teams we play don't travel real well either.

There is no appeal to the casual fan to see a mid major team.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

His argument is that the students who are here currently will come back to the games as alumni. These two winning seasons won't help a poor football experience of former students.

Ok I see. However, we are still only picking up very small percentages of students from the 2005-2008 seasons (who are now alumni) for those teams that were good. I get it that we have to win consistently but I am not sure that is enough. Something more promotional driven may need to be done. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Im not sure why you guys cant figure out that G5 = 25 per game.

Boise St. has been good forever and averages 33k a year.

Memphis had a great year and got up around 40k but are typically around 30k.

Outside of UCF and Navy the teams we play don't travel real well either.

There is no appeal to the casual fan to see a mid major team.

Yeah, and that thinking is a great way for us to stay in the G5...

We need to be the exception to the rule... 25k/yr isn't good enough

and our marketing team needs to know this

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I can tell you what won't bring in new fans:

Stony Brook, Mass, Illinois, Cincy, Houston, Tulsa, and Temple.

That doesn't seem fair to me. It's the hand we've been dealt and a few of those could be good games (Illinois, Cincy, Houston, and Temple).

Due to the structure of the P5/G5 system the ugly truth is there will likely be much fewer FSU/UF/Miami/WV/Louisville-level games here. That's just the way it is.

If we can't get people to come to the games that we are playing we either need a smaller building or to just get out of the football thing.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Bear said:

Yeah, and that thinking is a great way for us to stay in the G5...

We need to be the exception to the rule... 25k/yr isn't good enough

and our marketing team needs to know this

I bet if one of us tweets them, they'll get to work on it. They probably just don't know 25,000 isn't enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I bet if one of us tweets them, they'll get to work on it. They probably just don't know 25,000 isn't enough.

or not, and show no interest from concerned fans

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, NAM37 said:

That doesn't seem fair to me. It's the hand we've been dealt and a few of those could be good games (Illinois, Cincy, Houston, and Temple).

Due to the structure of the P5/G5 system the ugly truth is there will likely be much fewer FSU/UF/Miami/WV/Louisville-level games here. That's just the way it is.

Yes and yes. But just because it's not fair and those games aren't coming back, doesn't mean people are going to flood the stadium for the big Illinois game.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I too am in Tampa numerous times throughout the year and see / hear very little from the marketing teams in terms of outreach. 

I attended two home football games this year (FSU and UCF) and saw zero in the way of advertising from alumni or athletics during the game for events or membership.

I went to the Lightning game vs. Philly during my trip and other than the advertisement on the rink I again saw / heard nothing about USF.

I have a nephew who plays LL in Seminole and attended his games and again saw / heard nothing. 

Perhaps a "buy a season ticket package" for a holiday gift? 

I'm not a marketer, but it's about engaging the community.  How about a friendly bet between the Mayors of Orlando and Tampa to help promote the War on I4? 

This was part of my "game experience" survey feedback I submitted this week.  I also pitched bringing back the bull running thru the crates falling off the truck as the opening.  That was a great way to start the game.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

If we can't get people to come to the games that we are playing we either need a smaller building or to just get out of the football thing.

If we're going to be stuck in G5 forever, it's better to just drop football.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

OCS?:popcorn:

I'd love an OCS, but I don't think we've "earned" it as fans. This Mitch Perry article is pretty reflective of the opposition's argument on why an OCS is still far off when we struggle with our post-Big East attendance:

Mitch Perry Report for 11.28.16 -While USF football soars, attendance doesn’t

For the first time time since September of 2011, the University of South Florida’s football program is ranked in the Associated Press Top 25. This comes after the Bulls defeated cross I-4 rival UCF at Raymond James Stadium.

They’re tied at 24, and have finished their regular season at 10-2, their most impressive record since beginning their program 20 years ago. It’s good times on Fowler Avenue, particularly for those folks who have hopes of building a new stadium on the North Tampa campus.

Then again, there were less than 37,000 fans in attendance at the Saturday afternoon affair, a little more than half of the crowd of 63,674 who attended the Bucs-Seattle game last night.

USF Athletic Director Mark Harlan announced earlier this year that school officials are  onducting a feasibility study regarding the pros/cons and most obviously, costs, of building an on-campus football stadium.

There are a lot of skeptics of such a move, beginning with the fact that even with the team having their best year on the field in a decade, the attendance has been rather sickly. And, as any Rays fan will tell you, this isn’t the first athletic program in the Tampa Bay area who has suffered at the gate while putting on a great product.

Though the Rays have struggled on the field the past three years, their home attendances woes go back into their winning seasons between 2008-2013.

At the Bulls homecoming game earlier this year, only 16,858 made it to Raymond James.

. . . 

http://saintpetersblog.com/mitch-perry-report-11-28-16-usf-football-soars-attendance-doesnt/