• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predict USF ranking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Was thinking this myself.  If we play an SEC team and lose in a bowl we'll hear the "see, they just play weak teams" crap and, more than likely, won't get ranked to begin the year.  

Absolutely we will hear that. But looking at who we will probably play (USC or Miss State) I would not worry too much about that one. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't cracked top 25 of the ranking that matters..CFP

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

I can't believe we didn't get ranked in the CFP poll. Navy is 19?! Houston's ranking I get with there wins, but not having us ranked is just plain wrong. There is nothing subjective about these polls. I hope we don't get screwed over in the bowl game selection too. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone who questions CWT late td vs UCF....Navy moved up 6 spots for hanging 75 on a 5-7 SMU team

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

#P5bias

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/28/2016 at 4:39 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Well, yes, that is what I just  alluded to. #ReadingComprehension 

Actually you were very clearly "alluding* to perhaps Brett had a personal gripe with Jim - instead of USF. As I said then, I think he was doing what any other reporter in America would do with that information. And he converted it into a pretty nice promotion - or at least a life raft off the sinking ship that was his previous employer!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:23 PM, mjadams said:

Didn't cracked top 25 of the ranking that matters..CFP

I've wondered about this.  Why does a CFP ranking even matter to anyone ranked over 5 or 6?  At the position we would hold in that ranking, isn't it just a third ranking to talk about?  What would you rather see at the end of the year - AP ranking of 19 or a CFP ranking of 25?  I would think I would prefer the higher AP ranking since that's the one that will be there at the beginning of the season.  What am I missing?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

I've wondered about this.  Why does a CFP ranking even matter to anyone ranked over 5 or 6?  At the position we would hold in that ranking, isn't it just a third ranking to talk about?  What would you rather see at the end of the year - AP ranking of 19 or a CFP ranking of 25?  I would think I would prefer the higher AP ranking since that's the one that will be there at the beginning of the season.  What am I missing?

I agree that the  CFP doesn't mean much at the end except for the top 4 honestly ... but just because you're ranked at the end of the year by the AP, that doesn't automatically carry over to the beginning of next season. It definitely helps if, like us hopefully this year, you have the nucleus of your team coming back to get that pre season ranking.