• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predict USF ranking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am starting to believe that Brett's problem was never with USF but with "that other guy" coaching us. Or at least Brett came around to change his thinking on USF. Of course going 10-2 might have helped too. 

Did you ever consider that then, like now, he was just doing his job? #justsaying

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

Did you ever consider that then, like now, he was just doing his job? #justsaying

Well, yes, that is what I just  alluded to. #ReadingComprehension 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Finishing the season ranked would be a great accomplishment. I'm not sure if that has ever happened before. I am guessing no?

It would help us going into next season if we were ranked and blew out a Vandy or something Vandyesque. Might secure a good preseason ranking.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Finishing the season ranked would be a great accomplishment. I'm not sure if that has ever happened before. I am guessing no?

It would help us going into next season if we were ranked and blew out a Vandy or something Vandyesque. Might secure a good preseason ranking.

It has never happened before. In 2007 we were ranked 23 heading into the Sun Bowl then got curbed stomped.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

It has never happened before. In 2007 we were ranked 23 heading into the Sun Bowl then got curbed stomped.

Ok that's what I thought. I remember thinking finishing ranked would be a better accomplishment because it is indicative of the season as a whole.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

3 hours ago, Publix Substitution said:

Nice!!!

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Finish ranked, start next season ranked with a loaded team, run the table......lets roll!!! This bowl game is our most important ever because we wont win any votes with our schedule next year, gotta start in the conversation then roll

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/27/2016 at 8:35 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I am starting to believe that Brett's problem was never with USF but with "that other guy" coaching us. Or at least Brett came around to change his thinking on USF. Of course going 10-2 might have helped too. 

He hated Leavitt. No doubt at all about that. Personally know this is  fact (if anyone doubts). Leavitt was horrible to most of the local media. 

Dont think he has a grudge anymore. 

To topic- The importance of ending the season ranked has me debating whether I want to face the best opponent in the bowl or the easiest opponent in the bowl. I can't help but want to face the best. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, FatDaddyBull said:

He hated Leavitt. No doubt at all about that. Personally know this is  fact (if anyone doubts). Leavitt was horrible to most of the local media. 

Dont think he has a grudge anymore. 

To topic- The importance of ending the season ranked has me debating whether I want to face the best opponent in the bowl or the easiest opponent in the bowl. I can't help but want to face the best. 

Was thinking this myself.  If we play an SEC team and lose in a bowl we'll hear the "see, they just play weak teams" crap and, more than likely, won't get ranked to begin the year.