• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Someone please please tell the guy controlling music at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The music doesn't bother me one way or the other but agreed on the HOT announcer. That guy sucks. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

They should let me do the music for the games, I would burn that motha out with my two turn tables. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

25 minutes ago, EastCoastBull said:

and Outlaws - Tampa, It was great seeing them play around North Tampa as a USF student.  And then seeing their success grow with time.  Funny I always thought another band I thought was better from those years that drifted off into obscurity, the Elders.  They were great but I doubt many remember them now.

And I thought UGa appropriated the Lobo song (Me and You and Dawg named Belue) back when Buck Belue was quarterbacking there.  Good song though.  I'll take it over Zombie Nation any day.

That would be the PAC Performing Arts Center on Nebraska near Bearss. What a blast from the past. I saw the Outlaws there in the mid-70's and a host of other bands. I don't specifically remember the Elders, but it's more than likely I saw them - apparently they played there quite a bit and I was there almost every weekend

http://www.the-elders.net/history05.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1aVr_A5tg

Memory's hazy, but I think this was the same place that did boxing on Fridays and mud-wrestling on Saturday nights (think John Candy in Stripes) - and the mud was actually bettry crocker chocolate cake mix. This was my one (and only) time to put the gloves on and get in a boxing ring - got my ass kicked and never tried that again. When Urban Cowboy came out, I think they even had a mechanical bull there for a while.

Ah, the memories and mammaries of the PAC!

Same time period - anybody else remember the Sunday concerts at the Men's Garden Club on Boy Scout Road?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 11/24/2016 at 0:19 PM, charsibb said:

All of those songs have been appropriated by other teams, and none of them have anything to do with USF or Tampa.

Fail

Wrong

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Is we had an OCS, perhaps we could control our music better*

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, charsibb said:

That would be the PAC Performing Arts Center on Nebraska near Bearss. What a blast from the past. I saw the Outlaws there in the mid-70's and a host of other bands. I don't specifically remember the Elders, but it's more than likely I saw them - apparently they played there quite a bit and I was there almost every weekend

http://www.the-elders.net/history05.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1aVr_A5tg

Memory's hazy, but I think this was the same place that did boxing on Fridays and mud-wrestling on Saturday nights (think John Candy in Stripes) - and the mud was actually bettry crocker chocolate cake mix. This was my one (and only) time to put the gloves on and get in a boxing ring - got my ass kicked and never tried that again. When Urban Cowboy came out, I think they even had a mechanical bull there for a while.

Ah, the memories and mammaries of the PAC!

Same time period - anybody else remember the Sunday concerts at the Men's Garden Club on Boy Scout Road?

Saw Tom Petty at PAC.  Outlaws and Jimmy Buffet both played the old soccer field in either '76 or '77.  SGP presented a ton of concerts on the field, at the riverfront, in the Empty Keg and the old gym.  Spent a lot of time at Buffalo Road House seeing Zenith Nadar and Swimming Pool Q's.  Good times!  Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

I thought today's in house audio experience was much better today. The up-tempo game by both teams and having two bands playing regularly kept the sound guy from having to do as much. I like the live bands much better....even when they are playing at the same time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

One more thing....I liked that both bands knelt and watched each other play at halftime and even some band members applauding the other.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494

On 11/25/2016 at 9:58 PM, crambone said:

The music doesn't bother me one way or the other but agreed on the HOT announcer. That guy sucks. 

I never really noticed how creepy he sounds, but since you all mentioned him, I can't get that voice out of my head.  Thanks! :furious3:

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

On 11/26/2016 at 10:26 PM, fhemmer209 said:

One more thing....I liked that both bands knelt and watched each other play at halftime and even some band members applauding the other.

Our daughter was in marching band in HS.  It is something they do (applaud) even at competitions.  A fraternity of sorts I guess.