• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Someone please please tell the guy controlling music at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I actually heard the announcer on the radio while watching the game. What ******* embarrassment. It sounded like an arena football game. Simply terrible for college football. What the hell were USF admin thinking on this one? 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, fhemmer209 said:

One more thing....I liked that both bands knelt and watched each other play at halftime and even some band members applauding the other.

The band obviously doesn't understand the seriousness of this War on I-4.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/25/2016 at 10:31 PM, charsibb said:

That would be the PAC Performing Arts Center on Nebraska near Bearss. What a blast from the past. I saw the Outlaws there in the mid-70's and a host of other bands. I don't specifically remember the Elders, but it's more than likely I saw them - apparently they played there quite a bit and I was there almost every weekend

http://www.the-elders.net/history05.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1aVr_A5tg

Memory's hazy, but I think this was the same place that did boxing on Fridays and mud-wrestling on Saturday nights (think John Candy in Stripes) - and the mud was actually bettry crocker chocolate cake mix. This was my one (and only) time to put the gloves on and get in a boxing ring - got my ass kicked and never tried that again. When Urban Cowboy came out, I think they even had a mechanical bull there for a while.

Ah, the memories and mammaries of the PAC!

Same time period - anybody else remember the Sunday concerts at the Men's Garden Club on Boy Scout Road?

Yes, that was the place, the Performing Arts Center on Nebraska, all right.  Like no other!

I saw the Outlaws, Elders, and was there most weekends too, usually monopolized one of the pinball machines there in the back when it was slow.

No I don't remember the Men's Garden Club.  the other place I liked was the Whipping Post, which I think was near PAC back then.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, EastCoastBull said:

Yes, that was the place, the Performing Arts Center on Nebraska, all right.  Like no other!

I saw the Outlaws, Elders, and was there most weekends too, usually monopolized one of the pinball machines there in the back when it was slow.

No I don't remember the Men's Garden Club.  the other place I liked was the Whipping Post, which I think was near PAC back then.

PAC became Poppa Joe's and near there was Shenanigan's where the house band's bass player was Hulk Hogan.