• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are all the SMU fans?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

How do you announce an attendance number 9x the actual number? And how do you have an attendance of 3,412 in the AAC with a bowl game still in possibility?? I'm so confused right now

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I don't know if I've ever seen an NCAA game with worse attendance.  Except UCF, of course.  #DancingUCFGirl

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I don't know if I've ever seen an NCAA game with worse attendance.  Except UCF, of course.  #DancingUCFGirl

I once watched an Akron vs Miami OH game that had maybe 2-3K at the most on a Tuesday. It was bad

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

How do you announce an attendance number 9x the actual number? And how do you have an attendance of 3,412 in the AAC with a bowl game still in possibility?? I'm so confused right now

My thoughts exactly

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

There were tons of people in the great tailgate road they have. But we were told they just stay there and party and don't come in for the game. That is one argument against an OCS. Great atmosphere outside, horrible inside stadium.

Have to do it like that other school. The police form a line and clear the entire area. Alcohol is banned as of kickoff. Rumor has it that they're pretty strict about it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Is that actual number legit? Saw Joey post the announced number and call it very generous if there were a third of that. It's getting ridiculous at times..... I can only assume there are a bunch of season ticket holders that just don't go or students who claim tickets and didn't make it in the stadium.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Is that actual number legit?

No, that actual was my announced actual, not the actual announced or actual actual.  According to JK the actual was 7 or 8 K.  They must have been in the club area or bathroom.

Must be a lot to do in Dallas...beaches, shopping, NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, NCBull said:

Classic!

lonelydancer.0.gif

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Started to make this a new topic but figured this was mentioned already.

So I was at the game in Dallas Sat nite.  SMU has a real sweet stadium that holds 36Kish.  All the seats have backs.  It is a really nice U shaped OCS with a brick exterior, video in the breeze ways and some decent food selection and beer. I mean this stadium is nicer and classier than Penn States and Auburns to name a few but just smaller. The campus is beautiful too.  Much nicer than UTX and TAMU.  Id say it rivals ND and Chapel Hill.

SMU had 5-5 record and a chance for a bowl. Best record in awhile for the 'Stangs. Program has history and maybe some tradition.  

Now the kicker...no one for the 'Stangs showed up except the stu section and a large band. I felt bad for SMU.  The EZ was empty and visitor side was 50-50 Bulls to Stang fans for about 6 sections.  And I only paid $44 total for (4) tix on the 50 yline from Stub Hub.   

I dont get it...?  I think there were more fans in Dallas 2 yrs ago in the cold rain for a winless SMU team. It was just cold Sat, bout 48-50 degrees. How does this even happen in a football crazy state of TX.  Is it the T'giving travel weekend?  I mean i35 north was awful going to the game. My son's 6 yr old transition FCS/D1AA school's FB team has a better percentage turn out...I think.

I write all this to say this...So why bother with the OCS in Tampa?!

Edited by BullDoug
  • Upvote 1