• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart Offensive Progression

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Talent is the difference.

I'd love to see a count of how many sweeps and screens we've run per game this year. We have some very physically gifted guys and we get them the ball as often and as quickly as possible. That's the secret sauce this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We still are a running team. Taggart still wants to beat teams to submission on the ground, unfortunately the defense does not cooperate. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Just looking over the numbers and I am flat BLOWN AWAY about the progression. Just take the TD count. 2013: 11 total Offensive TD's (WTF)  2014: 22 total Offensive TD's  2015: 54 total Offensive TD's  2016: 58 total Offensive TD's so far

Rushing:

2013:1064 yds

2014: 1295 yds

2015: 3205 yds (13 games)

2016: 2872 yds so far (10 games)

Passing: 

2013: 2002 yds

2014: 2361 yds

2015: 2536 yds (13 games)

2016: 2333 yds so far (10 games)

This type of transformation is amazing...we have such amazing weapons on this team...

I am going to quote this on WDAE tonight about 5 when Big Dog is on the air. Needed some more good stuff.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

I am going to quote this on WDAE tonight about 5 when Big Dog is on the air. Needed some more good stuff.

I don't listen to him anymore...Is he talking shizz about the team?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, NAM37 said:

Talent is the difference.

I'd love to see a count of how many sweeps and screens we've run per game this year. We have some very physically gifted guys and we get them the ball as often and as quickly as possible. That's the secret sauce this year.

QF is  a program changing talent. Enjoy his Senior year. May he stay healthy.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

29 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Who doesn't he talk **** about?

When I was down there a couple weekends ago, all I listed to was 620 and any time Duemig came on, he just sounded like the biggest assclown.  Extremely condescending to those who called in, and just seems like an anal-retentive with a possible major Vitamin D deficiency.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

Never  uttered a bad word about UF in my experience.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

Um not sure b/c i stopped listening too but I just want to get a call-out for QF and this amazing offense.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

The original scheme wasn't a very good fit.  However if you took the players we have right now and went back to that offense it is hard to think that we wouldn't still be a decent offense.   The (lack of) talent, and losing attitude of the guys on those rosters just made it so much worse. 

Taggart has always been the de facto OC.  What was once one of the worst offenses in football is now the best under the same guy.  When he says he is planning on keeping Woodie this is the only thing that gives me hope.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

On 11/15/2016 at 10:19 PM, Paisa el Toro said:

Two words: Joe . . . Kinnan. I speculate he's made a world of difference. 

My question to you all is simple,  when does the professor stop recieving credit for your work?

If you were taught by someone who is considered to be a master in your field, when you go on to  be highly successful, people may mention that they taught you,  but they don't give them 100% credit. 

It's time that y'all give Coach Taggart the credit and lip service he deserves. Joe Kinnan has mentored and advised quite a few programs,  but I don't see anyone else putting up our numbers...

Some people even suggested that when the other offensive coordinator hit the road,  our offense was going to regress. As the numbers show,  it's only getting better. So go ahead and come off the fence and give Coach T the credit he deserves. 

No back handed compliments saying "I credit him for realizing his original idea wasn't going to work. " He deserves a full hearted endorsement, if the record doesn't warrant it, the stats do. Because if it was just the level of competition,  EVERYONE in the American would be doing it. Especially UCIF with their Florida speed...

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 1