• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woodie Stays and Calls Plays!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Indiana is the 4th best improved defense in the ncaa based on points allowed last year vs. this year. The love is earned IMO.

Improved%20defense.png

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Study-The-most-improved-scoring-offenses-and-defenses-so-far-this-season

Edited by footnfan1

And, Indiana has dropped points scored....not the best of combo's

[IMG]

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

11 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Indiana is the 4th best improved defense in the ncaa based on points allowed last year vs. this year. The love is earned IMO.

Improved%20defense.png

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Study-The-most-improved-scoring-offenses-and-defenses-so-far-this-season

But by that chart Woodie isn't as far behind Allen as posters here would want you to believe. Even with 2 terrible games (FSU and temple) USF still isn't in the top 15 in increase in points this year either. I think where the posters questioning the love fest for Allen and hatred toward Woodie is that our defense is playing right around the same as last year; minus intensity and blitzes. Allen wasn't a world beater here either.

Our D taking a step backward this year had a little to do with a new coach but losing our DEs and Byrd from last year are the biggest reasons for the step back IMO.

Edited by 206BULL
Auto Correct turned FSU to "gay"

3 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

But by that chart Woodie isn't as far behind Allen as posters here would want you to believe. Even with 2 terrible games (FSU and temple) USF still isn't in the top 15 in increase in points this year either. I think where the posters questioning the love fest for Allen and hatred toward Woodie is that our defense is playing right around the same as last year; minus intensity and blitzes. Allen wasn't a world beater here either.

Our D taking a step backward this year had a little to do with a new coach but losing our DEs and Byrd from last year are the biggest reasons for the step back IMO.

This chart shows increases and decreases, not total points. I don't think you can draw any conclusions on Woodie from this chart, but you can draw some conclusions on Indiana, IMO.

Unless I am missing something, which after my laps tonight, is clearly possible. "Pooped, done, stick a fork in me"

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

18 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

This chart shows increases and decreases, not total points. I don't think you can draw any conclusions on Woodie from this chart, but you can draw some conclusions on Indiana, IMO.

Unless I am missing something, which after my laps tonight, is clearly possible. "Pooped, done, stick a fork in me"

My meaning by it shows out D is relatively the same compared to some thoughts here deals more with the way some are posting you would think we give up more than 2 TDs a game compared to last year, in reality it's less than a TD a game and as someone posted in a thread a week or 2 ago we gave up just about as much per game last year as we have this year, difference is around 3 points per game. Our fans have selective memory when they think about Allen, I think the bigger losses were Byrd and along the D Line not in the DC. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

OK, I get it, thanks.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You know, ironically, sometimes CWT doesn't respond to adversity very well.  This whole response is a list of things you don't say when answering such a question.  He kind of threw Woodie under the bus, then the other coaches ("who else can call plays?"), then the players.  

A much better lie response would be along the lines of, "We have all the pieces in place, we know we have to get better, we are a lot closer than it looked like.  We just need to clean up a few details, not lined up right here or there, took some bad angles.  We'll make a couple of changes, but nothing big.  We're close."  Sure, a bunch of lies, but sometimes that is what you have to do.  In the offseason you be honest, but at this point in the season your job is to reassure everyone that the whole team isn't on the verge of collapse.  And you didn't do that.

So you prefer meaningless platitudes?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, NCBull said:

What do egg-laying mammals have to do with anything?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

maybe he will pull out the 46 bear

Maybe you know what you're on to. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

Not generally.  But if the choice is between meaningless platitude and "We can't really fix anything mid-season, our play caller sucks but we don't have another, our players suck but we can't do much about that either", in that case I'd rather be lied to.  More importantly, I'd rather he not throw the coaches and players under the bus midseason.

Fire them up, don't beat them down.