• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My favorite thing about CWT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

CWT rightly stripped it down to be he rafters.  He now benefits from his bold decision to drain the swamp and start over.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

My how attitudes have changed.  This is the same guy most on this board were ready to run out of town 4 games into year 3, if not sooner.  A fickle group to say the least.

I'm curious to see how many "Fire CWT" posts there are if we lose to Navy. 

Go Bulls!

Mine is already queued up, right after the fire Woodie post.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I like that he was able to re-scheme the offense to match the talent, although it did take a while to get thru his stubborn streak.

I'm hoping, against all hope, that he can do the same to the defense, and sooner would be better than later...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

My favorite thing about CWT is he is our Coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

That he's not this guy.

9e139abf3c4b5635afab24df9b521a12_400x400

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

I like the fact that he holds his assistants accountable and isn't afraid to make changes, albeit not until after the season.

This was a major issue with xCSH, who never fired anyone that I recall.  It was very telling that he initially brought none of his assistants he had on staff here to LaTech.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I like the fact that he holds his assistants accountable and isn't afraid to make changes, albeit not until after the season.

This was a major issue with xCSH, who never fired anyone that I recall.  It was very telling that he initially brought none of his assistants he had on staff here to LaTech.

Do coaches drag assistants through the mud like that, though? I'd understand getting hired to a new position and bringing friends along, but getting fired? I don't know if I'd want to join him in getting fired again lol. 

Taggart has gone 14-7 between this season and next. If you shave off the losing streak last year, He's gone 13-4 (13-3 in the regular season) since the Syracuse turn around. A 76.4% (81.25) winning percentage. Essentially averaging 9-3 - 10-2 in a regular season. 

I'd take that every year. That means we're competitive in almost all games, the conference, and OOC games too. Plus a bowl win, that's an opportunity to go 9-4 to 11-2 every year. That's not too shabby. 

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Breedwell said:

Do coaches drag assistants through the mud like that, though? I'd understand getting hired to a new position and bringing friends along, but getting fired? I don't know if I'd want to join him in getting fired again lol.

I guess my point is that if he thought they were the best choices to get the job done here, why would that change when we was hired by LaTech?  If they weren't the right choices, why did he keep them on?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I guess my point is that if he thought they were the best choices to get the job done here, why would that change when we was hired by LaTech?  If they weren't the right choices, why did he keep them on?

Because you just can't keep that much Awesomeness on one team.