• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My favorite thing about CWT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

So throughout this week I have been feeling pretty negative since that loss, and with a strong possibility that we will lose on Friday (I don't think Navy is a better team really, they are just a match up nightmare for us) I feel like I need to focus more on the positives, and it got me thinking...

We have had two previous coaches, and while I loved Leavitt's passion on the sideline, sometimes he seemed like a cartoon character with the scowl and the stomping around.

Then with the Holtz era, we had a coach that just stood there like a zombie showing no emotion, good or bad.

Now, my favorite thing about CWT is that I think he strikes a perfect balance in his area. He isn't running around on the sideline like a maniac, but there are multiple times this season that the camera has cut to him and he is cussing somebody out, even when we are winning. I particularly appreciated him chewing out who I assumed to be our d coordinator over the headset last week. It's great to have somebody that shows some passion, but maintains control over the sideline.

Opinions? What is your favorite thing about CWT?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

he seems in control and never loses his cool

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

It seems he is growing into his role.  His first few years he had the zombie persona on the sideline, I'm assuming because there was nothing he could do about it.  But when we started winning and he started expecting more he has shown more passion about getting the best results.  Again, this is all my assumptions :D

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

CWT is not the worst we've had.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

My how attitudes have changed.  This is the same guy most on this board were ready to run out of town 4 games into year 3, if not sooner.  A fickle group to say the least.

I'm curious to see how many "Fire CWT" posts there are if we lose to Navy. 

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

My how attitudes have changed.  This is the same guy most on this board were ready to run out of town 4 games into year 3, if not sooner.  A fickle group to say the least.

Go Bulls!

I think the crowd will be more "Fire Woodie" than anything if much of the same occurs. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

My favorite thing about CWT is his ability to recruit well. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

At that point his record was something like 7-21. To me, seems reasonable (not "fickle") to wonder about the direction of the program two and a half years in. 

He has turned it around, and for that I congratulate him. More importantly, he received a contract extension. Let's see if he can keep these gains on offense and also improve the defense, which has clearly taken a step back this year.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

At that point his record was something like 7-21. To me, seems reasonable (not "fickle") to wonder about the direction of the program two and a half years in. 

He has turned it around, and for that I congratulate him. More importantly, he received a contract extension. Let's see if he can keep these gains on offense and also improve the defense, which has clearly taken a step back this year.

With his recruiting and the scheme changes he has in place we should be good as long as he is here; man is a crootin' wizard. Also those first two years' were under a pro style that is very difficult to run successfully & consistently if you're not named FSU UF or Miami(FL). Just need to figure out how to stop the power run offense with our personnel and scheme.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

CWT has proven that he can recruit on the offensive side of the ball, but he still needs to step up majorly on the defensive side. 

• Upvote 1