• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF can't turn the corner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Navy beat Houston and Memphis with the "corner" game combined with the mid-line QB option.  My guess is USF is going to perimeter defense which should open up the FB middle game and the occasional pass.  So many ways to scheme with the triple option.  Navy loses it is because we lose the turn over phase.  Right now the team is 25-1 when we don't lose the TO battle.  You will know how USF will fare by that single metric.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, 71GoatsDoRoam said:

Navy beat Houston and Memphis with the "corner" game combined with the mid-line QB option.  My guess is USF is going to perimeter defense which should open up the FB middle game and the occasional pass.  So many ways to scheme with the triple option.  Navy loses it is because we lose the turn over phase.  Right now the team is 25-1 when we don't lose the TO battle.  You will know how USF will fare by that single metric.

Good post. Welcome and thanks for the TO stat. Navy is a machine on offense that just grinds teams down. How did AF do it? Was it TOs?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

45 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

wipe-out.gif

Can't. Stop. Watching.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SANJAY said:

wipe-out.gif

I'm not sure that's how the wave is supposed to be done

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

21 hours ago, SANJAY said:

wipe-out.gif

I know have a little more respect for replay officials.

For the life of me, I can't figure out: who lands first.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 10/25/2016 at 6:53 PM, SANJAY said:

wipe-out.gif

Holy twinkle toes--that guy on the right-hand side wearing blue!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

On 10/22/2016 at 7:17 PM, hightechbull said:

How many conference championships did he win?  ZERO.  Little conference? BCS conference?  ZERO.

BFD.  How many ranked opponents did he beat?  How many fans showed up because they believed in what USF was doing and could become (plus, it was meaningful opponents in a legit conference. Schools with richer histories and bank accounts).  You can have the mighty AAC crown but most outside a 336 zip code don't care. Maybe its actually no one but some die hards even care.  Winning the AAC - which stillwe are unlikely to do - would not at all be the pinnacle of this program. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

On 10/24/2016 at 0:38 PM, TromBull12 said:

I agree,  it blows my mind. We lose one game on the road that got out of hand late and now we're the worse team in fbs and can't possible win another game... Smh

Looked out of hand early actually.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Brad said:

BFD.  How many ranked opponents did he beat?  How many fans showed up because they believed in what USF was doing and could become (plus, it was meaningful opponents in a legit conference. Schools with richer histories and bank accounts).  You can have the mighty AAC crown but most outside a 336 zip code don't care. Maybe its actually no one but some die hards even care.  Winning the AAC - which stillwe are unlikely to do - would not at all be the pinnacle of this program. 

How long dI'd he coach here to beat said ranked opponents? How many did he lose to? We crap on the AAC crown because we don't have one. Winning a conference championship would be the pinnacle of the program for anyone not stuck in the past with delusions of grandeur.

USF in all its former glory has accomplished nothing. We are in a new age of football. With constantly being televised. You want the world to take notice? Do something! Every time the AAC would be mentioned they will talk about us being the conference Champs.

Magical seasons are remembered. Records are remembered. Hardware is remembered. Only die hards swear by the old days while the new age is passing them by.