• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where were the students last week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Botched!

snippetattendyrbyyr.png

Weird. From 1997-2012, the Record column shows overall record. From 2013 forward, it shows the record for (I assume) only home games.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

True we have more things to do here but we just lack diehard fans. 

We had something going on then Holtz and first few years of Cwt happened. Will take several years of 9+ wins seasons to get a good base again.

Getting left behind in the American really killed our attendance. The CSH last 2 years also didn't help. Would most people rather watch us play wvu, Louisville, Pitt etc or ecu, smu, etc? If we get lucky and get into the B12 watch the attendance go back up. I like a lot of the teams in be American, but they don't have the name recognition like most B12 teams do. 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I agree completely that way too many hang out in there. We've got friends who NEVER come out. It's freaking social hour. Less Club access will probably mean a significant jump in cost to get in there which I don't have a problem with but we're going to need a lot bigger base that will be whittled down.

I don't know about the no plaza thing. I think we need something other than the old traditional bowl with most of the non seating area under the stands. I kind of liked Nippert and the Maryland stadium for their set up, but both those playing fields were below ground level and don't know if that played a part in the set up ..... and don't know if we could pull that off in Florida.

I liked a lot of aspects of Navy's stadium when I was there. Obviously we could make it better. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

snippetattendyrbyyr.png

11 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Weird. From 1997-2012, the Record column shows overall record. From 2013 forward, it shows the record for (I assume) only home games.

Only 6 games in 2014, 2-4 and we're 3-1 this year. No telling what kind of bogus site Brad got that from ...

6 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I liked a lot of aspects of Navy's stadium when I was there. Obviously we could make it better. 

I hope to get up there next time we play at Annapolis ...

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Botched!

On several levels ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

snippetattendyrbyyr.png

Only 6 games in 2014, 2-4 and we're 3-1 this year. No telling what kind of bogus site Brad got that from ...

There's nothing like the Official USF Football Media Guide.  :roflmao:

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Getting left behind in the American really killed our attendance. The CSH last 2 years also didn't help. Would most people rather watch us play wvu, Louisville, Pitt etc or ecu, smu, etc? If we get lucky and get into the B12 watch the attendance go back up. I like a lot of the teams in be American, but they don't have the name recognition like most B12 teams do. 

Yeah somewhat those teams helped but it's not like those were huge names like Ohio state, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia....

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

There's nothing like the Official USF Football Media Guide.  :roflmao:

That's what I figured ..... God love em. *sigh*

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

42 minutes ago, Dan C. said:

That's not the way most people think, or prioritize their weekend. Only the passionate fans prioritize spending their fall Saturdays with the Bulls.

There's nothing to do in Tallahassee, there's nothing to do in Gainesville, just like there's nothing to do in Lincoln, NE outside of going to the football game.

We have the opposite problem.

The problem with your comparison, is that most of the people that go to the FSU or UF games don't live in their respective cities. they actually spend hours traveling to there, which actually makes our situation worse.